What are your favorite films to watch on Halloween?

I thought that Ju On: The curse is way scarier than both the Japanese and the Hollywood versions of the Grudge! Although Ju On: The curse 2 isn’t that great, half of it is footage from part 1. Good luck trying to find it. I think I downloaded it from somewhere.

Errhhmm… Halloween?

You don’t have this in Sweden (I don’t know if you do, for I am completely ignorant of Swedish culture)?

What I meant is, I watch Halloween on Halloween ;).

But speaking of it, Halloween is mostly a commersial thing in Sweden and it’s not originally a tradition. Tho we have a similair tradition called “Alla helgons natt” (The night of all saints) whish is an old catholic tradition.

Ah right, thanks for enlightening me. I always generally assuamed that most European countries had the same type of big national holidays (Christmas etc, etc), but you never know…

[quote=“Silence, post:24, topic:2541”]What I meant is, I watch Halloween on Halloween ;).

But speaking of it, Halloween is mostly a commersial thing in Sweden and it’s not originally a tradition. Tho we have a similair tradition called “Alla helgons natt” (The night of all saints) whish is an old catholic tradition.[/quote]

Well, that’s pretty much as it is in the Uk. Halloween is just short for All Hallows Eve which i would imagine is somewhat similar to the old tradition you mention. Of course in the UK, Oct 31st/Nov 1st is also Samhain (the original last day of the year and beginning of the new year) and that’s wear all the dressing upand bonfire stuff stuff derives from…to keep the years dead souls and other supernatural things from doing anything untoward. (If you believe in that kind of thing of course ;))

Halloween has become massively commercial here in the US. It is starting to rival Christmas as the most commercialized holiday (which Halloween isn’t a holiday in any form). Parents and adults have taken over the day that should belong to kids dressing up as ghouls and devils instead you have every single female costume looking like a hooker version of itself… gotta love freedom of expression.

I just check to see if any of the Halloween films are on tv. Don’t dig anything out. Well, any Halloween from 1 to 3. Yes, i admit, i do have a soft spot for the 3rd one even though it has bugger all to do with the previous two.

Haha… Is it really like that? Around here i just had little kids coming to the door (with maybe a parent waiting on the street) and they were dressed pretty traditionally. The little 6 or 7 year old Dracula was particularly cute…he even hid behind his cloak and hissed at me rather theatrically.

the adult costumes are worn at parties not for trick or treating. It is cute seeing little kids dressed up.

some examples of the hooker versions

Ah…sorry, got the wrong end of the stick there! :-[ Thanks for clearing that up!

I wonder if Christopher Lee did that when he was 6 or 7.

My favourite one :wink: .

Do you sing along with the Silver Shamrock song while watching it? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

How did you guess :stuck_out_tongue: .

I found & ordered it from Amazon.de last night. Ju-On The Curse 1&2 as a set.

http://www.amazon.de/Ju-Curse-Teil-1-2/dp/B000IZIZJ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1288816926&sr=8-1

This seems to be one of the only DVD releases of these films around, & I couldn’t find an English-friendly version mentioned anywhere. I don’t really know enough of either German or Japanese to understand much of a film in it, but I’m hoping I won’t need to, having seen enough other Ju-On movies to (hopefully) get the gist of it.

From what I remember there isn’t a whole lot of dialogue, but still having english would help you with the understanding obviously.

Since last year, Trick r Treat.

So I watched Ju-On the Curse 1 & 2 recently. Good atmospheric stuff; not as scary Ju-On the Grudge IMO, & the lower production values were kindof obvious (not that it really matters) but it was interesting see where the Grudge thing started.

I thought it was actually scarier than the later films but thats just my opinion.