What Are You Listening to at the Moment?

Cool cover

I was going to say I owned that one, but I actually own Once Upon a Time in the West by Leroy Holmes instead!

Dust in the wind
Yes we are all dust in the wind…
I like this song. I wish that we will have more quality songs such as this nowadays. Songs that don’t just talk about people’s love life but about the realities of life.

1 Like

A Buddhist album this time, I created something that is, musically, a bit more accessible. The lyrics are from the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Great job by the mastering engineer. Lovely artwork done by MontDoom. If you’re stuck home, here’s 32 minutes to kill. Enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

well being stuck at home not difficult these days, I’ll give a try

1 Like

I like it, reminds me of Diabolos Rising but more tranquil.

1 Like

[Alice In Chains] Don’t Follow

1 Like

Amnesia • Riz Ortolani

1 Like

A tribute to the Maestro…
The last song sums it up… Here’s to you, Ennio.

1 Like

I recently contacted Filippo De Masi, son of composer, Francesco De Masi, and asked if he had a favourite piece of his dad’s music, that he would like to share, during the Coronavirus period…

At the time, Italy was desperately struggling with the Coronavirus restrictions.
Filippo, as always, was only too willing to answer anything to do with his beloved dad…

As well as wishing us all well on ‘SWDB’, this was Filippo’s reply…

" For me every dad’s work is like a son! Expecially western soundtracks! For me you can use and share all you need. One of my favorite track is this…" Francesco De Masi - Mexico Western | Once Upon a Time in Hollywood OST - YouTube

Thank you, Filippo… your dad’s music lives on…Stay well.

Leading on to the fact that I’m listening to Francesco’s fantastic score to 'Kill Them All, and Come Back Alone"…

3 Likes

Long-time hero Bob Mould turns sixty today. I discovered Hüsker Dü in the mid-1980s, and I bought Mould’s latest album, Blue Hearts, two weeks ago. Those thirty-five years have somehow passed faster than I could have imagined when I first heard New Day Rising. A hell of a lot faster.

1 Like

Hilarious AF

https://www.upworthy.com/gibberish-english-song-from-1972

Just found this on Youtube…
There is something about a harmonica that immediately transports me to the Old West.

I need to mention that when I first fell in love with ‘The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly’, it was after viewing it on BBC1, Easter Monday, 1976…the same week that ‘Starsky and Hutch’ aired on British TV, on the Friday.
The point is that - similar to Tom Betts - I searched for just about every cover version possible, of this magnificent theme. I bought so many versions of this iconic gem, that even the crappy versions grew on me.
When I heard the original again (after hearing it on TV), I went ballistic…
To finally buy it, the original L.P. by Ennio, was phenomenal. I was young, probably about 13/14.
I remember playing it on my record player (anyone remember those?), and playing, and playing, and re-playing the main theme…
Happy days.

2 Likes

I know just what you mean about the harmonica. The jaw harp is another instrument which feels right at home in the old west. I’ve been listening to a lot of the instrument recently, but this is my favorite performance so far.

2 Likes

The emotion!

1 Like

Song
Gringo Like Me

Video
The Ballad of Cripple Kane

3 Likes

Great video, to accompany classic Morricone…

1 Like

I Love the Extra Prosthetic Legs Hanging on His Horse :joy::joy:

1 Like

Soren Madsen…he’s very good…

https://youtu.be/yNNXfeg1V2k

1 Like

Ennio Morricone, and Edda Dell’Orso…