What Are You Listening to at the Moment?

Still the best thrash band ever along with Sodom.

And I thought I’d be the only one here who liked Death Metal. 2017 has been pretty good: Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Six Feet Under & Obituary. New Malevolent Creation is in the works also.

Oh no, I love Death Metal!
First heard Sepultura in 1998 or so, I was ten. Knew them long before I got to high school and been a fan since. Never heard another form of music that suited my taste. A friend let me listein to Six Feet Under’s Maximum Violence when it came out in 1999. By 2001, 2002, I had been buying every guitar magazine, rock magazine, and magazine that promoted heavy metal that I could get my hands on.

By far my favourite genre.

The only Sepultura album I own is Arise. I should check out more of their stuff. Six Feet Under is a guilty pleasure of mine since they get so much hate. But I’m biased because Chris Barnes is my favourite Metal singer.

By the time I graduated from high school I had Carcass, Morbid Angel, Demolition Hammer, Nile, Gorguts, Death, Carnage, Gutted, Exhumed, Possessed, Master, nunslaughter, Sadistic Intent, At the Gates, Dismember, Entombed, Repulsion, Napalm Death, Suffocation, At War, Vader, Iron Angel, etc…

Hardly anyone mentions these guys. Very underrated.

1 Like

HERE IS A GEM OF THRASH/DEATH

Empire Of The Sun - We are the people,
Rush - Presto.
Demon - Don’t break the circle
Praying mantis - Cheated

Listening to so much more music these days, because I gifted myself a new HiFi setup for christmas :slight_smile:

Husker Du - Warehouse Songs and Stories

1 Like

Im listening too , clouds about mercury , david torn, mick karn , bruford , marc Isham . All live soundboards. Miles Davis is always in heavy rotation , some great bootleg recordings .