What Are You Listening to at the Moment?

Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus. Followed by his Way Out West. Perhaps my 2 favorites of his outstanding catalog.

1 Like

Jacques Brel - L’homme de la Mancha and J’arrive

Cut and Run bootleg ost.

Listening to some Royal Blood tracks.

Deadsmoke - Deadsmoke (2016)

Outstanding.

Saw the movie Il rollerboy (aka Desperate Moves) a week ago and have heard the soundtrack by Cipriani for it several times since. Some great songs on that. If you’re into that 80s vibe go pick it up. The movie is out in Italy on dvd (with the English audio-track).

Alice in Chains - “MTV Unplugged”

Quentin’s “dream come true”.

1 Like

I’m listening to tango music.

Who Dares Wins…Roy Budd:

Tons of Spaghetti Western composers like Ennio Morricone, Bruno Nicolai, Stelvio Cipriani, Robby Poitevin, just to name a few.

Im also fond of the NWOBHM, bands like Warfare, Blitzkrieg, Tank, Satan, Tygers of Pan Tang, Venom, Witchfinder General, Fist, Diamond Head, Holocaust, Demon.

Old speed and thrash metal like Death, Nuclear Assualt, Exciter, Motorhead, Exhumed, Hirax, Testament, Whiplash, Kreator, Sodom, Anthrax, Darkthrone, Malevolent Creation, Nile, Repulsion, Carcass.
Old american hardcore like SS Decontrol, Black Flag, DRI, Regan Youth, Misfits, Minor Threat,
70’s hard rock like UFO, Uli Jon Roth, Black Oak Arkansas, Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, Pink Fairies, Hawkwind, Blue Cheer, MC5, New York Dolls,

1 Like

Some outstanding names there, fella. The Misfits are my favourite band ever (you may have assumed I was a fiend already from the “last.caress” moniker), I have their logo tattooed on one arm and DRI’s logo tattooed on the other, although the DRI one needs re-doing.

I saw Nuclear Assault at the first gig I ever attended, supporting Slayer on their 1988 South of Heaven tour, at London’s Hammersmith Odeon (now the Aventim Apollo, I think). Lead singer John Connelly tripped and fell over his own mic lead just as he started singing NA classic Butt Fck*. But, like a boss, he didn’t miss a beat. :smile:

Horrified by Repulsion is one of the finest albums ever recorded imho, as is Death’s Scream Bloody Gore.

1 Like

Had to be a hell of a show. I would love to see Nuclear Assualt. Here some of my favorite shows from recent years.

1. Testament, Motorhead, Heaven and Hell, Judas Priest
  2. Vindicator (great thrash metal from Cleveland Ohio.) Both times were great.
  3. Malevolent Creation, Exodus
  4. Annihilation time ( great 80’s hardcore punk meets Thin Lizzy) Municipal Waste ( Crossover thrash)
  5. Testament, Megadeth, Slayer
  6. Extreme Noise terror (Crust, grind legends)
    Here in the U.S. Both Spaghetti westerns and the underground hardcore punk and heav metal scenes get little if any exposure to the public. Thank goodness for independent record stores, and independent dvd companies willing to release films like Django, Day of Anger, Sabata, and so forth here in the U.S. It’s sad that here in the U.S. and many folks are not able to recongize names like Terrence Hill, Franco Nero, Gianni Garko, Giuliano Gemma, Tomas Milan, and Peter Lee Lawrence all of whom have played major roles in four spaghetti westerns or more. Instead T.V. and film revolves around boring comedies, hollywood gossip, sitcoms, soap operas and drama thats been shown a hundred thousand or more times. In other note, many here in the U.S. do not know of music outside of pandora or top 40. I could go on for a while about this but here are some of my favorite things to listein too

1.Exciter- Heavy Metal Maniac (1983)
2.Baroness- Purple (2015)
3.Toxik- World Circus (1987)
4.Sacrifice- Torment in fire (1986)
5. Riot- Fire Down Under ( 1981)
6.Razor- Evil Invaders (1985)
7.Manilla Road- Crystal Logic ( 1983)
8.At The Gates- The Red in the Sky is ours (1992)
9.Anvil- Hard N Heavy (1981)
10.Sepultura- Morbid Visions (1986)

Saw and heard Dag Nasty three weeks ago at Vienna’s Arena. The guys must be over fifty now, yet they delivered a powerful, strong performance. In particular Brian Baker was at the top of his game.

Yes, indeed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I saw Nuclear Assault last year at Dynamo Metal Fest. It ain’t what it used to be.

Currently listening to Radiohead’s new album, A Moon Shaped Pool. It’s taking it’s time growing on me, although Burn the Witch is very good with a remarkable video to go with it:

Really? that last ep nuclear assualt put out i didnt find to be anything great. A lot of bands like Vektor, Exciter, Demolition Hammer, Watchtower, Havok, Hammerfall, Whiplash, all are suppose to have new releases within the next year.

Back on track, and I’m in the mood for some German/American punk:

Spermbirds - Thanks (1990) (live)

1 Like

Lee Hazlewood - Cowboy in Sweden

Tim Hardin - Tim Hardin 1 + 2

Mary Margaret O’Hara - Miss America

Tindersticks - Tindersticks (1993), Curtains

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

A bunch of neo-eighties tunes, mostly the outstanding Carpenter Brut: