WesternMania

Ohhh… you mean Jenny-baby? Mmmmm… those welcomely-supplicious curves also feature prominently in Walkabout.

Thanks for your interest in www.westernmania.com

We’re going to add a lot more Spaghetti Westerns as well as some higher quality, uncut, widescreen versions of some of the movies on there now. Later they may be available for downloading in 1GB versions too. But due to rights issues the Spaghettis won’t be uploaded until after the site is updated to deal with that.

To answer some of your questions, the uncut version of China 9, Liberty 7 (widescreen) is quite a bit better than the TV version we have. Not only does it feature the tempting Jenny Agutter “au naturel” in numerous scenes, it also flows a lot better. Among other things, the 1970s TV audience apparently couldn’t bear watching Jenny stab Warren Oates in the back with a carving knife. So in the TV version, the story is a bit hard to follow since a crucial scene is left out.

It takes a long time to find good prints of some of these films. We have a killer widescreen version of Death Rides a Horse. One Eyed Jacks is also available in a pretty good print, the one we have online will be updated soon. Read this discussion to find the best releases of that one:
[url]FSM Board: the best DVD edition of ONE-EYED JACKS (1961)

The editor’s choice list should be updated, you’re right :stuck_out_tongue: . The choices on there were originally made to point out the different genres available on the site. For the rest, you can get updates on when stuff is added via facebook, twitter or rss

Did you mean that you have a good print of Death Rides a Horse but not uploaded it yet, cos I can’t find it anywhere on the site.

We have a good print but it won’t be uploaded until we update the site and add a Spaghetti Western section.

Best be adding dat quick.

Yes. Please do update it quickly.
Been getting lot of time to watch movies at work lately.

[quote=“genesis_pig, post:26, topic:2642”]Yes. Please do update it quickly.
Been getting lot of time to watch movies at work lately.[/quote]

Lol. Me too. I work at a nursery and its been slow so I’ve had plenty of time to watch a few westerns on the computer. Should I feel bad that they pay me for this? Answer: Hell No!! ;D

The thing here is that most major video streaming sites are blocked.
I mostly end up watching movies in the open domain.

I would like to encourage westernmania to add some non-westerns as well, or maybe start a new site.
Peplummania perhaps.

But apart from that, would love to see more Spaghetti westerns there…

[quote=“genesis_pig, post:26, topic:2642”]Yes. Please do update it quickly.
Been getting lot of time to watch movies at work lately.[/quote]

OK added Dynamite Joe. I’m not sure how this forum sees non-spaghetti westerns, but may i suggest some of the old John Wayne films? They are often quite entertaining. I enjoyed Hell Town and Winds of the Wasteland. McClintock is definitely worth a watch as well as Angel & the Badman (which many JW fans say is their fave). Also One Eyed Jacks. Even if you’ve already seen it, it’s worth another watching. I’ve seen many reviews that equate it to, “the first spaghetti western” or the first modern western or even the first revisionist western. Anyway, people who like it generally really love it and defend it fiercely.

The thing here is that most major video streaming sites are blocked. I mostly end up watching movies in the open domain. I would like to encourage westernmania to add some non-westerns as well, or maybe start a new site. Peplummania perhaps...

We have www.fullhorror.com but it’s really not completely done yet. Westernmania was sort of a pilot project for an all movie site which will come later and there are a few peplum on the list. But for now must work on the stuff that pays the bills!

thanks.

I love John Wayne westerns…

The only John Wayne movie I got bored of was Green Berets.