Western TV shows

Yes! Exactly the same for me. I watched it for Sam Elliott, but really didn’t enjoy it. The one with Harrison Ford I liked better, but it still had its annoying moments like the needless continued voice over from the girl from the first one. Then I gave Yellowstone a try and, although Costner is great, after two seasons I am extremely bored and have had enough. So him producing more of these shows really doesn’t appeal to me after the slog that was 1883 and most of what I saw of Yellowstone.

I quite like Hell or High Water. Wind River was ok.

1 Like

I thought these were both way above average by today’s standards. Watched them both about 3 or 4 times.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re good films.

I like Hell or High Water quite a bit more though. Probably because of Jeff Bridges. I do remember enjoying Wind River too, though. Not a huge Jeremy Renner fan.

1 Like

Wind River, though far from being a box office success, did end up having a pretty big impact due to its subject matter. As is pointed out in the end, the U.S. federal government wasn’t even monitoring the number of Native American girls murdered or who disappeared from reservations in national statistics. It did open some people’s eyes who were otherwise unaware of this fact and this policy finally changed in 2020.

3 Likes