Western song lp's

When i was about 10 0r 11 years old i remember one of my uncles had a large collection of long playing records and he had a lot of albums consisting of western songs( not necessacerily from films) by people such as Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, Eddie Arnold and others. among some of the song titles i remember were “Big Iron”,“Boot Hill” “5 Brothers” " Don’t Take Your Guns To Town" “Ride Cowboy Ride” and many others. some were awful, some to a little boys ears were good. does anyone else remember them?

Big Iron is a great song. I have it by Johnny Cash and in another version by Mike Ness.

I remember seeing the L.P’s when I used to go to alot of car boot sales in the late 80’s and early 90’s.
I have an L.P of western songs sung by Mr. Clint Eastwood :o .

I remember ‘Dont take your guns to town’ very well.
I’d often listen to this song,it’s about a cowboy named Billy Joe,if i remind right

[quote=“LankyFellow, post:4, topic:1760”]I remember ‘Dont take your guns to town’ very well.
I’d often listen to this song,it’s about a cowboy named Billy Joe,if i remind right[/quote]that’s right lanky. “billy joe the man i can shoot as good and straight as anybody can” as his mother warns him not to take his guns to town and the inevitable happens.