Warren Oates

What do you guys think of this guy? I think he is one of my favorite actors of all time.

He is a favorite of mine ever since In the Heat of the Night. He always brings something special to even a minor role. The definition of ‘character actor’.

[font=arial][size=1]Love the actor…a huge favourite of mine. Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia is my favourite role. Just picked up one I have not seen before 92 In The Shade, with his co star Peter Fonda who he starred in with Race With The Devil.[/size][/font]

He was real good friends with Fonda. Hired Hand together.

They were real good friends for sure and had a bond which shined through.

I would not call him one of my favorites, but I think he is a very good actor.
My favorite film of his is Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia which is one of my favorite films.

Anybody seen the Cockfighter? It is one of his limited starring roles and directed by Monte Hellman.

I was a little dissapointed with it …just average for me. Will have to watch again to see if I change my view.

Bring Me the Head… Is probably my favorite Oates performance. I just can’t find one scene that I actually thought he was acting in. It just seems like he is actually this guy.

And i heard he was doing Peckinpah impersonation for the role, he even borrowed director’s own sunglasses :slight_smile:
Great movie, anyway

Without doubt one of my favourites.
I’ll watch pretty much anything if this guy is in it. Head of Garcia is an obvious favourite but he was also great in Dillinger and brought an edge to everything he was in a far as I’m concerned.

One of my favorites also. Love BRING ME THE HEAD, RACE WITH THE DEVIL, and DILLINGER. I recently caught TWO-LANE BLACKTOP and thought he was great as a guy having a mid-life crisis, cruising around in his factory-muscled G.T.O. Slightly different role, but very enjoyable.

[quote=“Carlos, post:2, topic:1710”]The definition of ‘character actor’.[/quote]agreed