Wanted: Spaghettis on dusty old vhs-tapes

(magnus) #1

Yep, that´s right. Ship off your dusty vhs rental tapes of spaghettis you have long since upgraded with a dvd release, mabe even in widescreen and in a language you understand, to someone crazy enough to still have a great love for them.
I´ll be very happy to buy tapes from all over the world, even ones dubbed in German or Spanish, for films i don´t allready have.

(Yodlaf Peterson) #2

[quote=“magnus, post:1, topic:1219”]Yep, that´s right. Ship off your dusty vhs rental tapes of spaghettis you have long since upgraded with a dvd release, mabe even in widescreen and in a language you understand, to someone crazy enough to still have a great love for them.
I´ll be very happy to buy tapes from all over the world, even ones dubbed in German or Spanish, for films i don´t allready have.[/quote]
Hi Magnus

welcome to the forum mate

it’s commandante / Tanzi

(magnus) #3

Hi there,
great to see you on yet another forum amigo! with that nickname you got me believing you were another swede!!

(ENNIOO) #4

More Spaghetti westerns have been issued on VHS than DVD as many people know, and reckon will be the case for a while yet.

(Søren) #5

Welcome to the board Magnus … Nice to see another fellow tape collector :slight_smile:

You’re welcome to all the tapes you want but the Danish ones are mine, mine I tell you.

I might on a side note actually have one or two Greek tapes I want to part with and a couple of Danish ones, I’ll make a list and give you a pm. Do you have any Danish tapes for trade perhaps? Am interested in all Italian genres not only spaghetti westerns.

Well, I’ll get back to you.

(magnus) #6

Cheers, Søren!
Yeah, lots of great stuff released on Danish vhs, many obscure spaghettis… Unfortunally i have very few, a couple of sell-tapes (like A bullet for the general with sleazy sleeve as Gringo Desperados…).
I have lots of tapes in other euro-trashy genres lying about, but can´t really recall any Danish tapes… a sell-tape of Emanuelle in America is the only one that comes to mind. I´ll have another look…
Looking forward to a small list then!

By the way, if anyone is interested in seeing (pretty poor) photos of my Swedish spaghetti tape-collection, i´ve posted them here;
http://z9.invisionfree.com/THE_CINEHOUND_FORUM/index.php?showtopic=1766

(Søren) #7

OK we’ll find something out… Don’t shoot me if it takes me a couple of days to pm you… Am quite busy these days so not much time for video-tape-sorting fun :slight_smile:

Nice collection Magnus although I had already seen it when it was posted on cinehound … But nice big collection… I think I’ve got maybe a 120-130 (wild guess) Danish spaghetti western tapes mostly ex-rentals. Haven’t got a picture of all my tapes but here you can find picture of what arrived last week:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,47.900.html

Not a typical week alas :slight_smile:

(magnus) #8

hehe, ok i´ll try and not shoot you…! no, take your time.
I´ll say we have about as many spaghetti tapes from our homecountries then, but i believe there was many more released in Denmark than Sweden, maybe it isn´t so but it´s a feeling i have…
I´m missing about 25 swedish tapes that i need.
Ha, great stuff on that photo, some lovely tapes there! But which are the 4 first ones in the upper row…? I believe one is Stranger in Sacramento on DVS (one i neeed!)? Maybe first one is Arriva Sabata??
Hmm, and two Halleluja & Sartana… only have the re-issue of that one.

(Søren) #9

[quote=“magnus, post:8, topic:1219”]Ha, great stuff on that photo, some lovely tapes there! But which are the 4 first ones in the upper row…? I believe one is Stranger in Sacramento on DVS (one i neeed!)? Maybe first one is Arriva Sabata??
Hmm, and two Halleluja & Sartana… only have the re-issue of that one.[/quote]
Yes Stranger in Sacramento, Arriva Sabata (pretty rare in Denmark I think) and two Halleluja & Sartana, yes. One on Betamax and one on Video 2000 to complement the one I already had on VHS :slight_smile: Most of my collection is on VHS though but couldn’t resist the temptation to pick up these tapes for cheap.

I honestly don’t know how many Danish tapes I am still searching for but it’s more than 25. You are probably already familiar with Nils Markvardsens excellent (though sadly not updated) site listing nearly all the Danish spaghetti western releases: http://home.worldonline.dk/monster1/Frameset.htm