Wanted: Seven Finnish Spaghetti Western Posters

True Crime Story – Bounty Hunters Take Note: The seven Finnish Spaghetti Western posters shown below were apparently stolen while being mailed from Finland to Germany. The package must have been opened en route in the stagecoach, and the contents were removed. All posters are the standard Finnish size of 40 x 60 cm. So if you come across these posters for sale, please let me know. The local sheriffs in Finland and Germany have been notified, but the long arm of the law — you as a bounty hunters — could also help solve the case.

- LOS AMIGOS (Deaf Smith & Johnny Ears)

- DOLLARI HENGESTÄ (One Silver Dollar)

- KUOLEMA LKEE LANNESSÄ (The Moment to Kill)

- MAAHAN, SENKIN HÖLMÖ! (A Fistful of Dynamite)

- NIKKELIMYRKYTYS (Beyond the Law)

- NAVAJO JOE 15 PÄÄNAHASTA 1$ PER SKALLE (A Dollar a Head)

- NIMENI ON PECOS (My Name Is Pecos)

4 Likes

Any update on the investigations into this heißt?

The posters have not yet been found. German investigative authorities have closed the case due to its minor significance. This was no easy task to begin with, given that it involved an international mail shipment processed by two parcel carriers (Posti and DHL) and routed from Finland through Lithuania to Germany. One small consolation is that neither the sender nor I suffered any financial loss. I kept the postal service on their toes with my inquiries until they reimbursed me for the full value. In the meantime, I was also able to purchase one of the posters at another auction. Otherwise, I’m naturally keeping my eyes open. The demand for Finnish movie posters is very low. I’ve informed several international dealers of Finnish movie posters that I know about the disappearance of these posters and asked them to let me know if they’re offered for sale.