Vote for your best 15 tv western series 49-79

VOTE FOR YOUR BEST 15 TV SERIES WESTERNS 1949-1979 USA/WORLD

VIRGINIAN WILD WILD WEST HIGH CHAPPARAL BONANZA GUNSMOKE LANCER

BONANZA Publicity Portrait

SHOTGUN SLADE 1959 Episode With Scott Brady Just Seen And Was Superb plot/picture.

CURRENT STANDINGS IN THE POLL :

LEADING THE POLL : VIRGINIAN 1962-1971

2nd PLACE : WILD WILD WEST 66-69 , HIGH CHAPPARAL 67-71

VOTE NOW please to make a difference and have your views counted. :slight_smile:

JAMES DRURY as THE VIRGINIAN

Good title choices on the poll.
However, there was a very short-lived TV series that is not on the list that is one of my all-time favorites. The show was called TATE.

This was a summer replacement series in 1960 starring David McLean as a one-armed gunfighter.
The guest stars included Warren Oates, Robert Redford, James Coburn, Martin Landau, Leonard Nimoy, and Royal Dano. Two episodes were directed by actress/director Ida Lupino.

This was a brilliant TV series, that thankfully has just been released on DVD here in the USA.

Great stuff!

Apart from TATE…my favorites include THE HIGH CHAPARRAL, THE WILD WILD WEST, HAVE GUN–WILL TRAVEL, WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE, THE RIFLEMAN, THE WESTERNER, LAREDO, and KUNG FU.

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:4, topic:926”]Good title choices on the poll.
However, there was a very short-lived TV series that is not on the list that is one of my all-time favorites. The show was called TATE.

This was a summer replacement series in 1960 starring David McLean as a one-armed gunfighter.
The guest stars included Warren Oates, Robert Redford, James Coburn, Martin Landau, Leonard Nimoy, and Royal Dano. Two episodes were directed by actress/director Ida Lupino.

This was a brilliant TV series, that thankfully has just been released on DVD here in the USA.

Great stuff!

Apart from TATE…my favorites include THE HIGH CHAPARRAL, THE WILD WILD WEST, HAVE GUN–WILL TRAVEL, WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE, THE RIFLEMAN, THE WESTERNER, LAREDO, and KUNG FU.[/quote]

Thanks for the compliments Chris , it takes a lot or work/research to compile big polls
TATE the short lived Western series 1960 with David McLean sounds interesting and
I will buy the DVD from Amazon.com very soon. It was short lived but well made yes.

Thankfully many of our Favourite Cult TV Westerns are coming out on DVD but the
HIGH CHAPPARAL and THE VIRGINIAN (2 all time greatest) we still await some DVDS.

LINDA CRISTAL From The High Chaparral 1967-1971

Excellent Linda Crystal pic… propelling High Chaparral into my top-15. Although she was Blue’s stepmom, at least they were a complete family, rather than HC’s creators presenting another tired widower/widow ranch series.

Sky King… perfecto. Sergeant Preston and Yukon King… ditto.
The Outcasts… verrrry under-rated, but always brilliant. Don Murray and Otis Young.

Only one glitch… I think you meant Africa; Texas-Style, with Hugh O’Brian. Weak writing kinda doomed that one.

1. The Wild Wild West
    2.The Adventures Of Brisco County Jr.
    3.The Lone Ranger
  2. Wagon Train
  3. The High Chaparral
  4. Maverick
    7.Have Gun, Will Travel
  5. How The West Was Won
    9.Wanted: Dead Or Alive
  6. The Magnificent Seven