VOTE FOR YOUR BEST 15 MUSIC COMPOSERS/CONDUCTORS IN WESTERNS FILM/TV

DOMINIC FRONTIERE MARTIN BOTCHER LUIS E. BACALOV ENNIO MORRICONE

I think you forgot Horner
He’s not a special favourite of mine, but I know many people love him

I have not voted for some obvious names like Bernard Herrmann or John Williams
I see Bacharach more as a songwriter than as a soundtrack writer

I must admit that I’m not an expert on this subject
Like to read some comments of ENNIOO here

(I realize now - too late - that you forgot Nino Rota too!)

@ Scherp

Thanks for voting and making comments on additions.
Nino Rota has made good music Like Plein Soleil 59 , but Like James Horner NO Westerns.
Poor Herrmann and Williams they could have done with your votes :’( :smiley:
Burt Bacharach I agree is a superb songwriter but he did the score for 1 weatern at least.

I have added the recently dead LEONARD ROSENMAN who was excellent in 60s/70s Films

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS/ADDITIONS/COMMENTS SPEAK NOW PLEASE

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:3, topic:923”]Nino Rota has made good music Like Plein Soleil 59 , but Like James Horner NO Westerns.

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS/ADDITIONS/COMMENTS SPEAK NOW PLEASE[/quote]

Sorry, didn’t notice ‘in westerns’

SD: great list again !Could you add Cyril J. Mockridge to your list? He was the composer in My Darling Clementine, The Man who shot Liberty Vallance and a lot of other western. :wink:
Dimitri Tiomkin should be also in your poll! :wink:

Lallo and Coriolano Gori are one and the same person.

Well as the list includes some composers that have only composed one western, here are a few to be considered perhaps:

1. Lennie Niehaus …Unforgiven and Pale Rider.

2. Roy Budd…Catlow and Soldier Blue.

3. Nino Oliviero…Ringo Del Nebraska.

4. Bruce Broughton…Tombstone, Silverado.

5. Sante Maria Romitelli…Gods Gun, Two Sons of Trinity, Shoot, Gringo… Shoot!

6. Ry Cooder…The Long Riders, Geronimo… An American Legend.

7. Dee Barton…High Plains Drifter, The Marshal of Windy Hollow.

What western score(s) has Felice De Stefano done then SD ?, as I am not familiar with this composer.
I only know of Gianfranco Di Stefano (Sheriff of Rock Springs, Brother Outlaw,Shango etc).

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:7, topic:923”]What western score(s) has Felice De Stefano done then SD ?, as I am not familiar with this composer.
I only know of Gianfranco Di Stefano (Sheriff of Rock Springs, Brother Outlaw,Shango etc).[/quote]
I think it’s the same person Ennioo? I remember him as Felice from the fantastic score from ‘May God Forgive You … I Won’t’. (I think … I’ll check).(Also aka Felix De Stephen.)

I suspected as much…thanks Reverend :).

No problem I am glad you voted and commented anyway ;)[quote=“Paco Roman, post:5, topic:923”]SD: great list again !Could you add Cyril J. Mockridge to your list? He was the composer in My Darling Clementine, The Man who shot Liberty Vallance and a lot of other western. :wink:
Dimitri Tiomkin should be also in your poll! ;)[/quote]

Thanks Paco I have added Cyril J. Mockridge who was very good (FLAMING STAR 60) etc
Dimitri Tiomkin is already IN and in alphabetical ;D

Coriolano aka Lallo Gori , are indeed the same person. Thanks for the info Bad LT.
I am adjusting this matter.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:7, topic:923”]Well as the list includes some composers that have only composed one western, here are a few to be considered perhaps:

1. Lennie Niehaus …Unforgiven and Pale Rider.

2. Roy Budd…Catlow and Soldier Blue.

3. Nino Oliviero…Ringo Del Nebraska.

4. Bruce Broughton…Tombstone, Silverado.

5. Sante Maria Romitelli…Gods Gun, Two Sons of Trinity, Shoot, Gringo… Shoot!

6. Ry Cooder…The Long Riders, Geronimo… An American Legend.

7. Dee Barton…High Plains Drifter, The Marshal of Windy Hollow.

What western score(s) has Felice De Stefano done then SD ?, as I am not familiar with this composer.
I only know of Gianfranco Di Stefano (Sheriff of Rock Springs, Brother Outlaw,Shango etc).[/quote]

I have verified the composers above and I am adding all of them , though Ry Cooder
and Lennie Niehaus are a little recent/mild. Anyway they are included for Ennioo :o

The correct name is FELICE DI STEFANO , maybe known as Gianfranco ? as Rev said.