VOTE For Your 15 Favourite SW SUPPORTING ACTORS

VOTE For Your TOP 15 FAVOURITE SW SUPPORTING ACTORS 1948-1980

SW Supporting Actors have contributed 100s and 100s of Classic Performances :slight_smile:
Italian, German and Spanish Actors dominate this category with such All Time GREATS as

HORST FRANK JOACHIM FUCHSBERGER GORDON MITCHELL GILBERT ROLAND ETC

I picked only eight, the real favourites

Of course I like to see the faces of Mario Brega, Nello Pazaffino, Chris Huerta and all those guys, but just like (for instance) John Wayne or Randolph Scott they’re not among my real heroes

If I had to pick only three: Sancho (simply love that guy), Pistilli (you love to hate him) and Sambrel (a mysterious aura hangs around this fella; I don’t know what an aura is, of course, but that’s what makes him so mysterious)

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:2, topic:916”]I picked only eight, the real favourites

Of course I like to see the faces of Mario Brega, Nello Pazaffino, Chris Huerta and all those guys, but just like (for instance) John Wayne or Randolph Scott they’re not among my real heroes

If I had to pick only three: Sancho (simply love that guy), Pistilli (you love to hate him) and Sambrel (a mysterious aura hangs around this fella; I don’t know what an aura is, of course, but that’s what makes him so mysterious)[/quote]

Yes Sancho, Pistilli, Sambrell and most of these lovely supporting actors are SW fun.
They need to have a POLL and be appreciated as they support the Lead Actors nicely.

SD: Again a good list, but I miss Dan van Husen, Raimund Harmstorf (he was in Zanna Bianca and Un Genio, due compari, un pollo).

Is Horst Frank supporting actor or leading actor? If he isn’t a leading one, maybe you could add him to your list of the supporting actors.
I will wait some days before I vote, maybe other’s have also some ideas, who is missing.

@ Paco

HORST FRANK is a supporting actor and he is ALREADY in the Poll 2nd from the Top !
I will add Raimund Harmstorf & Dan Van Husen I checked them out , both OK.

When you do vote please vote for 15 Supporting actors :slight_smile:

Well, i voted but then thought, what about Lorenzo Robledo and Jose Canalejas?

Thanks for voting Silver much appreciated :slight_smile:
I have added LORENZO ROBLEDO as he has a Magnificent SW Career Credits PLL Films etc
I have added Jose Canalejas who was good in 1 or 2 SWs supporting roles.
Lorenzo slipped from my mind >:( and he is outstanding so glad you reminded me.

from all those who i vote my favorite was horst frank and aldo sambrell

I wonder how many German members voted for Horst Frank :wink:

Someone who calls himself Major Clyde would surely have cast a vote for Antonio Casas.

Our beloved General Mongo/Hugo-- Francisco/Jose Bodalo wasn’t on the list!

My vote excludes quasi-leads, such as Woff, Fajardo, Piero Lulli or Fernando Sancho. I don’t know how to add actors to the existing list. The ones listed below are real supporting actors:
Here they are, in alphabetical order:

Giampiero Albertini
José Calvo
Antonio Casas
Spartaco Conversi
Celso Faria
Antonio Molino Rojo
CĂ©sar OjĂ­naga
Nello Pazzafini
Julio Peña
Franco Pesce
Aldo Sambrell
Paco Sanz
Ivanno Staccioli
Benito Stefanelli
José Torres

I had to edit this list down from an initial list I had, leaving out a great deal of good names: Adolfo Lastretti, Lorenzo Robledo, Alfonso Rojas, Tomás Torres, Giampiero Albertini, Ricardo Moyán, Víctor Israel, Luis Induni, Franco Ressel, Pietro Ceccarelli, Bruno Corazzari, Giuseppe Addobbati, Luis Marín, Alejandro Ulloa (the actor, not the DP), Carlos Ronda, Ángel Lombarte, Ricardo Palacios

for me horst frank was much better than claus kinski

I think it’s meant to be Paco Sanz, of DJANGO KILL.

I didn’t see his name listed, but I gotta vote for Joseph Egger; the Austrian comedian, who played the train-hating ‘prophet’ that Manko hides-out with in FAFDM
 that scene really was classic
 living so close to the railroad-tracks that locomotive-steam actually penetrated the shack.

" Trains!!! -Those consarn trains!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeee
 phooey! "

Another great line, loosely verbatim’d; (Egger, looking like a feeble 99-year-old) relating to Manko: "You’ll get me all-riled-up
 "

Manko: "We wouldn’t wanna get you ‘all riled up’
 "

A wise decision :smiley: .

lol
 excellent avatar

Fifteen is a too limited number, hundreds of supporting actors made a more or less important contribution to the genre! So I selected sixty names among my favourites, divided into three groups according to nationality:

Italians
Luigi Pistilli
Piero Lulli
Mario Brega
Claudio Camaso
Enrico Maria Salerno
Federico Boido (Rick Boyd)
Benito Stefanelli
Nello Pazzafini
Guido Lollobrigida (Lee Burton)
Giovanni Cianfriglia (Ken Wood)
Bruno Corazzari