Vote for Our Official Top 20

then how exactly would you do it? i mean technically.

1. The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
  2. Once Upon a Time in The West
  3. For a Few Dollars More
  4. The Great Silence
  5. Django
  6. A Fistful of Dollars
  7. Django Kill … If you live Shoot!
  8. Sabata
  9. Giu La Testa
  10. Preparati la bara! (Viva Django)
  11. Face to Face
  12. The Big Gundown

Here is my Top 10 Spaghetti Westerns

1. Once Upon A Time in the West
  2. Resa dei conti, la (The Big Gundown)
  3. For A Few Dollars More
  4. Fistful Of Dollars
  5. Duck You Sucker
  6. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
  7. Death Rides a Horse
  8. My Name is Nobody
  9. Django
  10. Keoma

Bonus: Sabata

I have not seen the Great Silence or Face to Face as of yet, so I am sure this may change my list of bit.

Well, I thought that maybe we could set points for each rank.

#1 would be worth 12 points
#2 11 points
#3 10 points

#12 1 point

And then, when the voting has stopped: We calculate the points for each movie. I know its going to require a little more work but I think this way there won’t be any titles in the top20 with 0 votes. The other benefit is that this really represents the top-movies of all the members of the forum.

With 20 pre-selected nominees it would not be that representative. Also there is a chance that someone hasn’t seen half (or any) of the 20 nominees.

Exactly my thoughts on this. But why not make it more interesting. If everyone makes a top 20 list the selection would be wider and the outome more uncertain, when it comes to the lower ranks anyway…

Sure it could be made wider. It just means more calculating. On the other hand, some interesting titles in the lower ranks may pop up.
But then again, these “new” must-see-titles would mean spending more money on sw-dvds. :slight_smile:

yeah but that’s not a vote then, if everyone just lists his movies and some poor motherfucker has to count them. wouldn’t it be better to find a way to really poll this with a voting mechanism we can have here?

Making more than 1 poll. For the first class westerns (top 5?) one, for the next 10, the next 15…maybe in this way?

Well, I think it is a vote. It’s a vote for top movies amongst all the spaghetti-westerns.

I don’t know how exactly the forum’s poll system works, but doesn’t it suit better for situations where we want to choose the one best choice of all the available.

The same problem exists here. Some of us think that movie x is definetely a top-5 movie and some other may think it belongs to ranks 20-25 at best. May be difficult to agree what are the nominees for each category.

…so with a poll it won’t work :frowning:

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Once Upon A Time In The West
Django
Fistful Of Dollars
For A Few Dollars More
Sabata
The Big Gundown
Death Rides A Horse
Adios Sabata
A Minute To Pray a Second To Die
Duck, You Sucker
A Man Called Noon (I’m sticking with this one)
A Man Called Sledge
Cemetery Without Crosses
The Great Silence
My Name Is Nobody
God Forgives, I Don’t
A Stranger In Town
Navajo Joe
Ace High

my top 12 spaghetti western:

1. Once Upon a Time in the West
  2. The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
  3. The Big Gundown
  4. For a Few Dollars More
  5. A fistfull of Dollars
  6. Run Man Run
  7. A bullet for the General
  8. Fistful of Dynamite
  9. The Great Silence
  10. Death Rides a Horse
  11. Face to Face
  12. My Name is Nobody

here my point of view to the voting mechanism. a think the best way, like veda already said, is to give certain points for each rank.
like its done on this website: fatmandan.de

but its not very good if this count is done manually. my idea is that everyone can rank his top 25 spaghetti western in his profile. and we should have one site that generates on all this profile rankings the big one ranking.
in the ranking formular in the profile everyone should use the original italien movie titles (look up in wiki), so that it is easy to write a script to count the points and dont have same films with different (or false written) names in the ranking.
further its more dynamically, so if someone saw a new film, he can change his ranking and the one big ranking is changed at the same time.

1. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
  2. For A Few Dollars More
  3. Fistful of Dollars
  4. My Name Is Nobody
  5. Once Upon A Time in the West
  6. The Mercenary
  7. Companeros
  8. Bullet for the General
  9. Run Man Run
  10. Return of Ringo
  11. Face To Face
  12. Fistful of Dynamite
  13. God Forgives, I Don’t
  14. Blindman
  15. Bandidos
  16. Big Gundown
  17. Pistol for Ringo
  18. Cemetary Without Crosses
  19. They Call Me Trinity
  20. Trinity is Still My Name

i know what you mean, but do you want to be the guy who’s then going through 100 best-of lists of members and count them out by hand?

[quote=“old wEst aCtion, post:33, topic:190”]but its not very good if this count is done manually. my idea is that everyone can rank his top 25 spaghetti western in his profile. and we should have one site that generates on all this profile rankings the big one ranking.
in the ranking formular in the profile everyone should use the original italien movie titles (look up in wiki), so that it is easy to write a script to count the points and dont have same films with different (or false written) names in the ranking.
further its more dynamically, so if someone saw a new film, he can change his ranking and the one big ranking is changed at the same time.[/quote]
This is a very good idea. Although we need someone to code the parser script. Everyone using the original titles works in theory but the titles are sometimes long and I bet there are going to be a lot of miss typings and the script won’t work. The script would be easier to implement if every movie title would have unique ID (maybe a number).

THINGS ARE GETTING COMPLICATED :stuck_out_tongue:

that’s a lot of fuss around something very simple.
can’t we work out a nomination and voting system just for in here? something simple? maybe we can come up with a list of 20 films IN NO ORDER? I think that would be easy, and we just run a vote on those we aren’t sure about or where we can’t agree. say, we all agree on 16 films, but 4 we just can’t figure out, so we take 10 films into a poll, and take the best 4 of those 10 to the rest of the 20, and we’re there: 20 of the best SWs. how does that sound?

1. OUATITW
  2. Good, The Bad and The Ugly
  3. For a Few Dollars More
  4. Big Gundown
  5. My Name Is Nobody
  6. Death Rides a Horse
  7. Django
  8. Fistful of Dynamite / Duck You Sucker
  9. Great Silence
  10. Face to Face
  11. Day of Anger
  12. Keoma
  13. Forgotten Pistolero
  14. A Pistol for Ringo
  15. A Bullet for the General
  16. Run Man Run
  17. Navajo Joe
  18. Four of the Apocalypse
  19. Django Kill… If You Live Shoot
  20. Cemetery Without Crosses

Ok. If we want to just determine the best 20 in no particular order, we can do it like Sebastian suggested. You’ll get my list a bit later.