Vote for Our Official Top 20

I just finished updating the Top 20 page, if anyone’s interested in seeing the (minor) changes. Oh, and there’s a few dead links on the new titles (Have a Good Funeral, My Friend… Sartana Will Pay, Blood at Sundown, and Ace High), if anyone knows how to fix that.

Thanks for your patience!

Ok I’m adding 8 more to my original list.

1. OUTITW
  2. GBU
  3. FAFDM
  4. The Mercenary
  5. The Great Silence
  6. A Fistful Of Dollars
  7. The Big Gundown
  8. Death Rides A Horse
  9. Companero’s
  10. Run Man Run
  11. A Bullet For The General
  12. Duck You Sucker

13.Cemetery Without Crosses
14.Red Sun
15.Face To Face
16.A Man Called Sledge
17.Tepepa
18.Day Of Anger
19.My Name is Nobody
20.Blindman

Hey guys,

Stanton has come up with a new method of calculating votes and if everyone’s cool with it, I would be more than happy to pass the torch on to him. I’ve had a blast updating the list every few weeks, but my pistol hand is a bit shaky nowadays, and Stanton is a much faster gun.

can you show us his trick so we can compare and judge?

Nono, please, I’m not intending to do the official calculating. Why change a winning team?

The only difference is that i included all 20 films, so there are more SWs in the lower ranks. I also reward the first 3 of every voter with some extra points, but that either makes no great difference, because that’s mostly the same movies (guess which).But the main point is to get a proper Top 20, and in these area there are only minor differences. I’ve done it only for private purposes, and it was (in the beginning) not so much work because I used an already written exel list containing the 150 most important SWs.
Everyone who is interested in a list containing more films should go to fatmandan.de, where now 40 voters have given their Top 40. The winner is also GBU but there are also some interesting above average films like Johnny Yuma within the first 50, and a lot of more obscure SWs at the end of the voting list.

Oh, and your calculating is much more favourable to me, because The Mercenary is on #8 (hehe). Should be on #6, in a better world.

By the way, what’s the meaning of “I’ve had a blast”. Don’t know this phrase.

For a Few Dollars More
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Django
The Big Gundown
Django, Kill… If You Live, Shoot!
A Bullet for the General
Ace High
The Mercenary
Run, Man, Run!
Death Rides a Horse
The Great Silence
The Five Man Army
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Price of Power
The Sabata Trilogy
Companeros
El Topo
A Fistful of Dynamite
Savage Guns
They Call Me Trinity

i’ve had a blast means i had a great time.

colt45, is that in descending order?

@stanton: what do you mean you include all 20, isn’t that what samuryan is doing as well??

No, he’s giving points for the first 12. And that’s OK.
He has described it several times.

I think that list an interesting idea, could you PM me that list please?

1. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
  2. For A Few Dollars More
  3. The Great Silence
  4. A Fistful of Dollars
  5. Once Upon A Time in the West
  6. Django
  7. Death Rides A Horse
  8. A Fistful of Dynamite
  9. My Name is Nobody
  10. Companeros
  11. El Topo
  12. The Big Gundown

Okay hombres,

This is my first post and here is my list:

1 The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (probably the greatest movie ever)
2 Once Upon a Time in the West
3 The Great Silence
4 Django
5 For a Few Dollars more
6 Face to Face
7 Quien Sabe/A bullet for the General?
8 The Big Gundown
9 A Fistful of Dollars
10 Il Mercenario
11 A fistful of Dynamite
12 Keoma
13 Django Kill!
14 My name is Nobody
15 Navajo Joe
16 Indio Black ( I just have a soft spot for this movie. Probably because of the surreal comic book tone, the excellent music, and the way Yull Brynner dresses (is he gay or what? And what about those Austrians and their bowler hats?) Oh yeah, and where our hero stores his cigars. Great final freeze frame too. Anyway, I think it’s great fun!)
17 Blindman
18 Vamos a matar Companeros!
19 Run Man Run
20 Sabata

I haven’t seen ‘Kill and Pray’, ‘Sartana’, ‘Four of the Apocalypse’ or ‘Tepepa’. I have ordered them on DVD so it could be the list will change in the near future. Most of the time I prefer my Spaghetti’s cynical, amoral and completely over the top.

So long!

Welcome to the board, and btw I also like Indio Black/Adios Sabata :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s a nice movie, Parolini’s best.

If people prefer the present system, why not allow voting to take place for one month only (January?) to produce a definitive TOP 20 for the year. Then if this vote was held annually it would give people the chance to submit a new/revised list the following year.

Alternatively why can’t the 5 star poll rating system already in operation in the Prairie Spaghetti Westerns forum be more utilised? If there were an automated way to count up the all stars for each film and output a realtime TOP 20 it would be simpler if not quite so much fun. To be honest I thought this was the way it was done, until I read this thread.

it’s technically quite difficult to create an automated 20-entry vote if there’s more than 500 titles to chose from theoretically…

What I mean is, use the data already generated by the existing polls in the Prairie The Spaghetti Westerns film topics, although I don’t know if this is technically possible though.

i wouldn’t know how to, I think it would be extremely difficult…
maybe we can just continue it as it is for a while, i dont see any big flaws in the way we create that list right now, i think it does justice to the people here and correctly mirrors the movies we like best…
but of course this is a collaborative effort and every suggestion is welcome on how we can improve it

Anyone noticed that violentprofessional edited and changed his old list (page 6)? the changes should be made in our list.
Oh and one more thing - it seems that we have ‘if you meet sartana…’ 2 times on the list:
If You Meet Sartana, Pray for Your Death (37 points)
Sartana (1 point)

[quote=“alk0, post:298, topic:190”]Anyone noticed that violentprofessional edited and changed his old list (page 6)? the changes should be made in our list.
Oh and one more thing - it seems that we have ‘if you meet sartana…’ 2 times on the list:
If You Meet Sartana, Pray for Your Death (37 points)
Sartana (1 point)[/quote]I believe that the Sartana with 1 point is “Blood at Sundown” which is called “Sartana” in Germany.

‘blood on sundown’ is already on the list with 3 points