Vote for our official bottom-20

It’s been a long time since I saw Tenebre & I have to admit - with embarassment - that I don’t remember him in it. Another film I’ve only watched once & will have to re-watch… But, unlike most Argento fans, I wasn’t very keen on Tenebre anyway. I think it’s good, but doesn’t compare to his earlier films.
I’m a huge fan of everything he had done before, but think that Tenebre is the start of his decline.

I am a big fan of that movie much more than the overblown Deep Red. But back to Gemma he has a major role in it - he’s the Police Inspector.

I might watch Tenebre again this week & see if I prefer it after a second viewing.

let me know what you think of it - I am not a huge Argento fan but I love Tenebre

PS watch out for John Saxon’s hat.

After second viewing this one became my fave Argento, as well as my fave giallo and one of my beloved movies of all time. Tenebre is probably the most personal and inteligent movie Argento has ever made.

[quote=“Ming, post:35, topic:1486”] 4 - A Bullet For Sandoval[/quote]You must be kidding? This film is amazing.

[quote=“Ming, post:35, topic:1486”]My current worst 10 list is:

1 - Vengeance Trail
2 - Bad Man’s River
3 - Any Gun Can Play
4 - A Bullet For Sandoval
5 - Taste Of Killing
6 - Return Of Sabata
7 - God Forgives: His Life Is Mine
8 - One Silver Dollar
9 - Johnny Oro
10 - Find A Place To Die

I haven’t delved too much into the bad spaghettis yet.[/quote]

True, true ! There’re a lot worse SWs out there ! Try to watch some movies from my worst list ! :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley:

1 Like

Unfortunately most of the awfully bad SWs are hard to get round here.
I’d really like to see the Creas and films like Mallory.

I’m afraid I thought it was below average, bordering on pretty lousy. Even Borgnine, who I usually like, wasn’t great. I thought the start was quite good, but overall I wasn’t keen on this at all.
I’ll give it another viewing at some point, but I doubt it’ll make a huge difference. However, my opinion may change a little if I ever get to see the uncut version.

Here’s an updated list:

1. Seven devils on horseback
  2. Tiger from the River Kwai
  3. Six Bounty Killers for a Massacre
  4. On the third day arrived the crow
  5. Django Story
  6. Finders Killers
  7. Law of violence
  8. Sartana’s shadow … shadow of death
  9. A Bounty Hunter in Trinity
  10. My name is Mallory … M means death
  11. Die for a Dollar in Tucson
  12. Django’s Cut Price Corpses
  13. God Is My Colt .45
1 Like
  1. China 9, Liberty 37 (some people like but I can’t stand it)
  2. Shadow of Sartana, Shadow of Your Death
  3. W Django! (I’m not kidding)
  4. $20.000 on no.7
  5. ?

Beyond The Law: The quality of the picture was okay. But the billing of Lee Van Cleef and the description on the back of the set’s box about a sheriff with a dark past made me think, “Maybe this’ll be good.”

Uh, nope.

Add Antonio Sabato, Sr. and his overacting and the appearance of the villain AKA Deus Ex Machina to all of the rest of the goings-on…it makes me wonder how anyone spent a dollar to make this thing.

Maybe the only redeeming quality of it is the gunfight at the end but even that makes me want to puke, with Sabato putting his makeshift rifle together.

Find A Place To Die: From the opening scene with the woman and her husband getting pinned down (in the case of the husband, literally), I knew this was going to be horrible. But, like any other good train wreck, I just couldn’t look away.

I’m really glad that I only spent $6.99 for the set (the Mill Creek Spaghetti Westerns set) that these two came in.

More as I watch them.

1.         Trinity and Sartana

2. Kid Vengeance
  3. It can be done amigo
  4. Acquasanta Joe
  5. Take a hard ride
  6. Tedeum
  7. Roy colt and Winchester Jack
  8. Red blood yellow gold
  9. On the third day arrived the crow
  10. Sundance and the Kid
  11. Find a place to die
1 Like

Ok, i thik it’s a good idea if i try and calculate the top 10 lists and make bottom 20 page out of it. Members with less than 10 entries on their lists - please add more movies and make it a bottom 10. I will post my bottom 10 list soon

So you’re planning on using a weighted system i.e. the top 20?
Maybe a system like Phil’s for the alt top 20 where it doesn’t matter how many are nominated would let more members feel more comfortable. I myself tend to avoid the most disdained of the genre, although I’ll probably get around to seeing more of these if they become available and the to watch pile dwindles. Should be interesting either way.

I tried to make a list using the following system: each top 10 entry was awarded using the following formula - #10 - 1 pt., #9 - 2pts. and down to #1- 10 pts. Incomplete but numbered lists entries were awarded using the same system. The unorganized lists [the ones that were not in any sort of order or it seemed that they weren’t] entrires were awarded with 1 pt. Tell me what you all think about it.
[btw. we need more lists, i want to have some more entries before i publish the list]

adding to my bottom list (as I have 1-5 already here’s the rest)

1. Massacre at Grand Canyon
  2. Man From Oklahoma
  3. The Unholy Four

[quote=“Frank Talby, post:57, topic:1486”]adding to my bottom list (as I have 1-5 already here’s the rest)

1. Massacre at Grand Canyon
  2. Man From Oklahoma
  3. The Unholy Four[/quote]I agree about the first two but Unholy Four is great film.

Here Here

To get things going a little bit i’ve decided to update my list to top 10:
1.Quattro carogne a Malopasso
2.$20.000 on no.7
3.Kid Vengeance
4.On the Third Day Arrived the Crow
5.Trinity and Sartana Sons of Bitches
6.Tedeum
7.Lucky Luke
8.White Comanche
9.Even Django Has His Price
10.Dead Aim