Vote for our official bottom-20

It’s shorthand in Italy for a double V and essentially means “Viva!”

3 Likes

what’s the progress on this project? :wink:

I’m horrible with all kinds of statistical analisys so non-existent so far i’m afraid

That’s a relief … I’ll bet most UK & Irish residents had their own specific idea of what W stood for ? :wink:

2 Likes

The meaning is Hurrah for Django, Long live Django

From the Treccani vocabulary:
Viva - Esclamazione di approvazione, di acclamazione, di applauso, di esultanza; è per lo più seguita dal nome della persona o della cosa acclamata: viva Garibaldi!; viva l’Italia!;
L’esclamazione è spesso rappresentata, graficamente, con la sigla W: W la libertà!; W la pace
Abbasso - Grido di riprovazione, di ostilità contrario di evviva; nelle scritte murali si indica con una W rovesciata (che può anche rappresentare l’iniziale di morte): ʍ la guerra!; ʍ il dittatore!

3 Likes

I’m seconding @QuickDraw to have Trinity and Sartana in the top spot. I’m also going to throw The Executioner of God in there. There’s a shot that’s just a closeup of a wagon slowly crossing from one side of the screen to the other and I swear it’s just in it to extend the running time.
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Giustiziere_di_Dio,_Il

2 Likes

I must say, I haven’t seen that one, but by now I think I’ve suffered through my fair share of terrible ones, and I don’t think I can take much more of the duds. :wink:

1 Like

Know what you mean - last year I thought it might be fun to catch on some bottom of the barrel stuff … but it really was excruciating, not so bad it’s good hahaha, just depressingly awful.

Watch one or two of these stinkers and it’s not difficult to see why audiences of the time must have got so fed up being conned into watching this garbage, and the end result, no more European westerns … the cheapskate talentless film makers ruined it for everyone.

1 Like

Yeah, really well said …they certainly did. You can begin to see where it all went wrong after you’ve watched enough of these lower standard ones.

1 Like

Here is my one. It’s not perfect for obvious reasons, I haven’t seen every single piece of Trinity Figli Carogne shit out there, so there are bound to be some omissions, but there you go:

1. 20.000 dollari sul 7, Alberto Cardone (1967);
  2. Al oeste de Rio Grande, José María Zabalza (1983);
  3. C’era una volta questo pazzo, pazzo, pazzo West, Vincenzo Matassi (1973);
  4. Sei bounty killers per una strage, Franco Lattanzi (1973);
  5. E il terzo giorno arrivò il corvo, Gianni Crea (1973);
  6. Al di là dell’odio, Alessandro Santini (1972);
  7. Sette monache a Kansas City, Marcello Zeani (1973);
  8. Ninguno de los tres se llamaba Trinidad, Pedro Luis Ramírez (1973);
  9. Sentivano uno strano, eccitante, pericoloso puzzo di dollari, Italo Alfaro (1973);
  10. Trinita e Sartana figli di…, Mario Siciliano (1972);
  11. Più forte sorelle, Renzo Girolami (1973);
  12. Kung Fu nel pazzo west, Ban-Yee Yeo (1973);
  13. Scansati… a Trinità arriva Eldorado, Joe D’Amato (1972);
  14. Il giustiziere di Dio, Franco Lattanzi (1973);
  15. I sette del gruppo selvaggio, Gianni Crea (1972);
  16. Anche per Django le carogne hanno un prezzo, Luigi Batzella (1971);
  17. Kid il monello del west, Tonino Ricci (1973);
  18. Todos o ninguno, Gianni Crea (1969);
  19. Il ritorno di Shanghai Joe, Adalberto “Bitto” Albertini (1974);
  20. Se t’incontro, t’ammazzo, Gianni Crea (1970);
2 Likes

Though I hated And on the Third Day Arrived the Crow, I didn’t hate Finders Killers. Out of the two made by the director, I thought Finders Killers to be the better-written, more entertaining film. Trinity and Sartana, Those Dirty SOB’s wasn’t that terrible either. It seemed to me like Trinity and Sartana was made with a children’s audience in mind. I can’t recall anyone actually being killed in the movie! Then, there was the silly music and slapstick humor. Not taking it seriously like a genre entry geared towards an adult audience enabled me to appreciate Trinity and Sartana for what it was. Arizona Colt Returns’s plot was incoherent at times, but it otherwise was a predictable SW with the Steffmeister. I will admit that I thought the Arizona Colt Returns theme song was kind of catchy.

1 Like

Those are actually good

I like two of the ones on your list :scream:

1 Like

So do I. :joy:

Probably needs changing now.

.On the Third Day Arrived the Crow
.Trinity and Sartana are Coming
.Tedeum
.The Django Story
.Django’s Cut Price Corpses
.Roy Colt and Winchester Jack
.Django Against Sartana
.Apache Woman
.Lola Colt
.Garter Colt
.Here We Go Again Eh Providence
.The Crazy Bunch
.The Return of Shanghai Joe
.Kid Vengeance
.Sons of Trinity
.A Man Called Invincible
.God Will Forgive My Pistol
.El Macho
.Kitosch, the Man Who Came from the North
.Deadly Trackers

It would probably be something like this now. No real order to it.

1 Like