Vengeance Is Mine / Per 100.000 dollari t’ammazzo (Giovanni Fago, 1967)

Butweren’t they in the last shot together?And the coffee scene in Seattle.

Cut scenes, never in the same shot, The Diner scene (cut scene) & the ending, you only see The back of Deniro’s head

Ahhh, I see

It sure did, one of the biggest dissapointments in recent history
Thought a film with those two should at least be mildly entertaining, but after twenty minutes I was desperately looking for the exit

VENGEANCE IS MINE (when watched with the italian audio track) is probably my favourite SW, of all the 40+ I’ve seen. I find almost everything to be perfect about it. The Nora Orlandi score is incredibly gripping, and the photography is gorgeous. Acting is superb from the entire cast.

Not long ago I didn’t think there would be a SW able to steal my first place from A BULLET FROM THE GENERAL - but I’m quite sure this one did.

Great to see an opinion like yours akasava. Interesting choice for your number 1!

This one was pretty good. It has a good pace and some nice action scenes that are divided generously and not overpowering of the film. But I have some problems. Mostly with Orlandi’s score. It feels too pesimistic from the outset and told me how it was going to end. Should have been more suspenseful. Camaso’s hatred of his brother is too cliched in Spaghettis. It seems whenever our anti hero has a half brother or something, that half brother HAS to hate our hero. No questions asked. Unholy Four, Blood at Sundown, Red Coat, Vengeance is Mine, etc.

But I thought the relationship between Camaso and Garko was well played by both leads and well handled by Fago. I think Giovanni Fago, maybe not suited for mainstream westerns, is good at them nonetheless. I like all 3 of his westerns.

I haven’t seen the other two of him (I guess).

I wonder if this will ever materialize?

At the moment it seems there won’t be further re-releases, as the sales for the Cine-Plus SWs are probably not impressive.

In the end it is still only a small market for SWs.

[quote=“Stanton, post:50, topic:1234”]At the moment it seems there won’t be further re-releases, as the sales for the Cine-Plus SWs are probably not impressive.

In the end it is still only a small market for SWs.[/quote]

Shame. I don’t really want to buy the Django Box because I don’t want the other two films in it. I don’t suppose anyone is up for a trade/sale if they don’t mind splitting their Django box up?

Novecento, you don’t like 10 000 Dollar Blood Money?

For me surely the best in the box.

I’ve actually never seen “10,000” but I don’t really want to cough up my cash on the off-chance I might happen to like it. From what I’ve read, it doesn’t sound like one that I’d particularly want to watch more than once so i wouldn’t be interested in owning a copy. However, seeing as you so highly recommend it, maybe I should ignore my initial prejudice…

10 000 Dollar Blood Money is pretty good. Recommended, as it is for me one of the 30 best SWs.

The 3rd film is the problem of the box. Execution is not bad, but nothing special and completely different from the other 2.
And there is a soundtrack CD and a German booklet.

But the Box is nearly sold out, and then it will got a little more pricey.

I think its better to just get the box. Its not that expensive and both 10000 and Vengeance is mine each have half of the gianni garko featurette. If you were to only get Vengeance is mine, you’d only be getting half of the interview.

Interesting… I wonder why they even bothered to include “Execution” then? It seems so out of place.

Vengeance Is Mine / For every 100,000 dollari ti ammazzo is great. He has a very pesimist atmosphere, good performances by Garko and Camaso, good locations … The only negative is the beginning, with the many clichéd flashbacks. My rating 8/10. But 10,000 Dollars Blood Money is still a little bit better. Also in my top 25.

The Koch Media Django Box is great. Good quality, great packaging and 2 top-IW with “Vengeance Is Mine / For every 100,000 dollari ti ammazzo” and “10 000 Dollars Blood Money” and an extra movie. And an interview with Garko. Every fan should have this box in his collection.

Execution is to fill the box. But other films were possible: I Want Him Dead or Johnny Hamlet. All films by Koch and titled Django in Germany. But a single publication was more lucrative. :wink:

[quote=“Stanton, post:50, topic:1234”]At the moment it seems there won’t be further re-releases, as the sales for the Cine-Plus SWs are probably not impressive.

In the end it is still only a small market for SWs.[/quote]

I’ve heard that the Koch sub-label Cine Plus it no longer exists. :cry:

I have got the soundtrack CD from the Koch Media-Box, but there isnt the title song from “10.000 Dollars for a Massacre” (“Basta Cosi” by Giorgio Farina) on it. Does anybody know, where I can download it as mp3?

I also like “10.000 Dollars for a Massacre” a little bit more, because the directing is a bit better. But still: “Vengeance is mine” is a highly enjoyable movie!

Is that the song on the ending? If so, unfortunately it’s not included neither on the Koch media box nor on the GDM cd that was released lately. Too bad, 'coz it’s bloody great, one of the best tracks with vocals on the whole genre and of course I’m looking for it too.

Exactly, its so much better with vocals.