Vengeance Is Mine / Per 100.000 dollari t’ammazzo (Giovanni Fago, 1967)

I found this movie great, a top 20 material for sure, yet it’s seldom discussed. It has got great cast [Garko, Camaso, Lulli, Sancho], very nice Nora Orlandi’s score and the story focuses on this twisted family realtionships i like so much in my spag, but it doesn’t mean it hasn’t got a great action scenes. I love the flashbacks, they’re simply poetic. 9/10 for me!

For more info visit:
Database page: Per 100,000 dollari ti ammazzo - The Spaghetti Western Database

Give 100,000 Dollars for a Killing your rating out of 5 stars!

0 voters

2 Likes

http://imageshack.us

It’s a favourite of mine too.
I had it in my top 20 the first time I made one, but recently it dropped out of it

A great Garko, great Camaso and a short but noticed appearance of Fernando himself (he dies miserably)

I have only watched it once and wanted to watch it for a second time before I review it, and every time some other title took my attention

The problem may be that it’s considered to be a twin movie with 10.000 dollari per un massacro (different director but same cast), and most people prefer that movie (so it gets most attention)
I prefer this one

Haven’t seen “10.000 dollari per un massacro” yet, but i will check it out soon. I wonder if i will like it more than “Per 100,000 dollari ti ammazzo”.

I prefer 10 000 to 100 000.

But for bucks it’s the other way round

[quote=“stanton, post:4, topic:1234”]I prefer 10 000 to 100 000.

But for bucks it’s the other way round[/quote]

Agreed.

Yes I also prefer 10000 blood money.

But this one is pretty decent too.

[quote=“alk0, post:1, topic:1234”][url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Per_100%2C000_dollari_ti_ammazzo[/url]

I found this movie great, a top 20 material for sure, yet it’s seldom discussed. It has got great cast [Garko, Camaso, Lulli, Sancho], very nice Nora Orlandi’s score and the story focuses on this twisted family realtionships i like so much in my spag, but it doesn’t mean it hasn’t got a great action scenes. I love the flashbacks, they’re simply poetic. 9/10 for me![/quote]

I watched this last night and wholeheartedly agree. I thoroughly enjoyed this and hadn’t seen it for quite a long while. Because the cover has got CC and GG on it, and because there is the alternate title with $s in it, I had got this confused with $10,000FAM (also a top-drawer SW) and thought I’d seen it recently. I was thrilled to find out I couldn’t remember it fully and was glued to it throughout.
After the first tongue-in-cheek/bullet-in-chin/man-in-coffin bit, it looks like the film may carry on in that sw vein - but it doesn’t … it gets darker and really deliverers pretty much everything a top-drawer SW should for me. Yep … 9 outa 10 minimum - I’m gonna round it up for the poll.
Poetic indeed - and now we know what heaven is like as well!

[Edit: This has put me in mind of the next film to be watched … gotta be Blood at Sundown now 'cos of GG again (this time as the fucked-up brother) and 'cos it has also got $s in the alternative title, and I ain’t seen it in a while either :).]

[quote=“stanton, post:4, topic:1234”]I prefer 10 000 to 100 000.

But for bucks it’s the other way round[/quote]
I prefer 100 000 to 10 000 in both cases :wink:

I have only got 10,000. Can somebody give me 100,000…bucks?

Seriously I only have 10,000 which I really enjoyed …must try to get hold of 100,000 sounds like it is pretty damned good too.

Just watched this…excellent movie with a lot of drama between the half-brothers. Score was well done and the scenery was quite good.

I am rapidly becoming a Gianni Garko fan…!

Excellent…

Almost as good as 10,000 Dollars Blood Money. Made with most of the same production crew & actors.
Great acting & atmosphere.

Highly recommended.

In German the movie is also calles Django the Bastard, because in Germany every second SW is called something with Django. In the German version Garko is called a bastard by Camaso. After being stamped his father’s murderer he calles himself Django. Therefore the title…

Great movie! Great opening. Slows down a little towards the middle but could not stop watching the tension, double crossing & atmosphere of this classic

This one never really clicked for me. A promising opening, but… average at best. 2.5/5

It’s a great SW, a true classic. Serious, desperate and hateful. The flashbacks at the beginning were simply brilliant. Garko, Camaso, Lulli, all are excellent and it’s probably Lulli’s best performance. This one cannot be missed. No less than 4/5.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:2, topic:1234”]http://imageshack.us

It’s a favourite of mine too.
I had it in my top 20 the first time I made one, but recently it dropped out of it

A great Garko, great Camaso and a short but noticed appearance of Fernando himself (he dies miserably)

I have only watched it once and wanted to watch it for a second time before I review it, and every time some other title took my attention

The problem may be that it’s considered to be a twin movie with 10.000 dollari per un massacro (different director but same cast), and most people prefer that movie (so it gets most attention)
I prefer this one[/quote]

F I N A L L Y . . .:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Vengeance_is_Mine_Review

Great review!

Yes, nice review Scherp of a very good film. But I am definitely one of those who prefers ‘the other one’.

what is it like the 3rd tenor in that Seinfeld episode? Pavorotti, Domingo & the ‘other guy’ :slight_smile:

If I may pry, who requested the review?