Vengeance Is Mine / Per 100.000 dollari t’ammazzo (Giovanni Fago, 1967)

Thanks. BTW I remember you from like 10 years ago , always got my info from westernsallitalian(is Tom Betts on here?), you and swdb. Anyways glad to read from you amigo.

Always amazes me that Franco Cleef is a member of CG, but used to ( and maybe still does?) charges for his reconstruction projects. Also some of his reconstruction projects our available for free at CG, but not uploaded by Mr Cleef though.

This a film I cant find on blu ray or dvd, region free and english friendly. Anyone know if one exsists?

There is a Brazilian release with English audio but it’s in fullscreen and there was the Koch Media box set, which included the film with Italian language and English subtitles. Both are OOP. I have a South African VHS tape (fullscreen with English audio) and the Franco Cleef DVD-R (widescreen with English audio).

Seems the Koch media Django box is still available (but it isn’t cheap).

https://www.amazon.de/Django-Italo-Western-Box-Audio-CD-4-DVDs/dp/B0009XD8X4?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Interestingly, at 00:30 the trailer shows the original version of the discovery of Jack’s body.

The fully uncensored VM18 version was cut/modified for two times in six scenes to obtain VM14 and later (mid-January '68) ALL rating.

Of the similarly titled films with Garko and Camaso, I too prefer Guerrieri’s, although I do like it more than when I first viewed. @JonathanCorbett, when you were looking at the cast, did you consider Adriana Giuffré might the sleeping lady in the waystation? I can’t tell without seeing her unique expression. Did you look at Rodolfo Valadier’s roles in Vado… l’ammazzo e torno (we have Pablo but he looks different to me) and Uno di più all’inferno.

Do you see Franco or Giancarlo? :slight_smile:

The former, of course!

I had not considered that: it seems strange but we cannot rule out this possibility, in my view there’s about a 30% chance. Or maybe her small role was cut when the movie was modified for the second release.

Can you post a pic of Pablo in Vado… l’ammazzo e torno?

Sure, I remember when the VCI disc looked real good. Now with digital media it looks like crap :slight_smile:

JC would you please replace my pic on Franco’s page with one that’s for sure. I’m almost convinced unless they are facing head on and expressionless I’ll have a problem here :slight_smile:

OK, thanks. Well it turns out that both roles, Mexican innkeeper and Pablo, are wrong!

Valadier in Il Bulldozer (1973 TV movie), 36 ore all’inferno (1969) and Vado l’ammazzo e torno (1967)

Obviously for lack of time I haven’t rewatched the whole movies, so I’m not sure about the ones directed by Fago (but we’ll have time to check).

We can replace the Database pic but rewatching some scenes of Se vuoi vivere… spara! I saw that a bearded Giancarlo is also in, so unless there’s an omnipresent unknown actor in all movies in which Bruno Ukmar is credited (one never knows… :slight_smile:) that’s Franco for sure.

A quite distinctive chin and curly hair.
I think Deputy Burt from Uno di più all’inferno looks right.

For Vengeance is Mine maybe the harmonica playing soldier in the waystation. The chin, hair and eyes look good but… What do you think?

I was thinking Deputy Burt and this soldier…

• EDIT -

I think I found Valadier in Per 100.000 dollari t’ammazzo, he plays the dying soldier.

I am not very familiar with Bastianoni: among Jurago’s henchmen he’s the moustached one, right?

Have any of you noticed how openly allusive is that scene with Zuzana Martinková onto the swing in the 2nd flashback?

1 Like

Not really, He has a full light beard here

Does anybody have the Brazilian DVD for sale?

Is it specifically the Brazilian DVD you’re after or just any English dubbed version? I don’t have one to sell myself but iOffer have a DVDR for sale and I’m pretty sure it’s where I got mine a few years ago.

I’m after the actual Brazilian DVD. Already have the Franco Cleef DVD-R and the Koch box set. I just want to own an official English language DVD.

There are plenty of sellers on MercadoLivre (Brazilian ebay)

I can watch the opening scene of this movie on repeat, I think it stands out as one of coolest openings of the genre, and it’s got to be the English dub “Haahhaha So you’re ready for the grave digger aah?! BANG

1 Like

Love this film! It’ll never leave my top 20. I wish Koch or Arrow would release this and 10,000 Dollars for a Massacre on Blu-ray.

1 Like