Vengeance for Vengeance / Vendetta per vendetta (Mario Colucci, 1968)

Yes, a very Holy Man indeedā€¦

Think I better watch this again coz I werenā€™t that struck on it. Agree it was mighty fine in the gritty atmospheric dept. but there were too many holes in the plot. Perhaps I was just in the wrong moodā€¦I will try harder this time.

When youā€™re watching Italian westerns/horror/gialli itā€™s just one of those thingsā€¦ :wink:
As long as other skills are in play, Iā€™m happyā€¦ :smiley:

[quote=ā€œMing, post:23, topic:1053ā€]When youā€™re watching Italian westerns/horror/gialli itā€™s just one of those thingsā€¦ :wink:
As long as other skills are in play, Iā€™m happyā€¦ :D[/quote]

Yeah I think you are right so thatā€™s why I think I was in the wrong moodā€¦bit over critical of a low budget flick and looking to pick holes rather than to appreciate the good pointsā€¦the cup was half empty instead of half full. I think how I approach films really determines what I get from them so it is always worth watching them a few times.

Sacrilige! Whether applying to a slurpet of communion cider or watching spaghettis - it pays to have the cup overfloweth-ing ā€¦ I think youā€™ll agree. Of course alcohol use/abuse will never improve some films of the ilk, but much will be taken in the right spirit with a bit of lubrication. So sayeth the Lord (sort of, somewhere ā€¦ maybe?).
Vengeance for Vengeance is a dark little spaghetti, and needs to be taken and enjoyed in the correct manner and in the right frame of mind. A glass of the sacred apple-juice would not detract from being an ideal mood enhancer for such a film as this, imo!*

[*The Reverend Danite and The Priory of the Sacred Apple are advocates of the drink sensibly awareness campaign - please donā€™t spoil it for youself or others with overindulgence.]

Iā€™ve just watched this nice little ā€œunhealthy slice of dark, moody and violent spaghetti-pieā€ (as the Rev. would put it) and agree with some of the earlier posts. Many plot holes but the tense atmosphere as gritty and moody as I like it. Pretty violent at times, what never bothers me in SWs. I usually prefer 'em that way. Nice actors (John Ireland is always doing well in his Spags.), good music !!! That pretty much sums it up for a recommended low-budget B-SW !!!

This is one of my favourites now, im loving these gritty spaghettis (also recently seen Duel in the Eclipse, Son of Django, Stranger in Paso Bravo), another great score from Angelo Francesco Lavagnino, sort of similar to the Duel in the Eclipse score. John Ireland has impressed me with everything iā€™ve seen him in (apart from his cameo in Run Man Run which was still ok)

watched this today and definitely one of the better lesser known titlesā€¦ nice and mean, except for the last couple minutesā€¦ not much to add to previous posts, other than my agreement that this is a recommended title!

As aboveā€¦just watched this for the first time. DVD-R from what appears to be a Greek videotape with subtitles.

Very Tony Anthony-esque. This is a no-frills, enjoyable 3/5 star SW !

Not having anything to do so I write in these old film threadsā€¦

Good film this one. What I donā€™t understand is that they had to mix the whole thing up with some gold plot that mostly took the lead. Iā€™m not a big fan of these gold plots. The goofy ending was nicely done but also kind of disappointing.

On the bright side we have a great lead actor, a nice John Ireland as villain and Lorendana of course doesnā€™t disappoint. Also, the henchmen are given a lot of spotlight in this one. We have this fella Pico, the only one with a sense of moral, and then we have the gentleman killer that does very well remind of Robert Vaughn in Magnificent Seven, and, finallyā€¦ THE GUY WITH A MESSY HAT! From what I remember, he doesnā€™t say one word in the entire film but he always has to hold his hat!

EDIT: Oh yes I forgot to mention the great score by Lavagnino!

Would never have guessed :wink: .

saw this last night and it was another one i enjoyed, wasnā€™t sure about John Hamilton at first, but he grew on me.This was quite violent, and like quite a few others was quite rough on the women, with whippings, punches in face and being shot.I much preferred this to the other John Ireland SW i have seen ā€œHate For Hateā€.7/10. Thanks to the good Reverend, thatā€™s 7 SWā€™S Iā€™ve seen lately, and have thought 5 Entertaining and 2 Average with 3 to go.none have got into my top 20 or alternative 20 although 2have come close, but none of them have made the bottom 20 eithier. :slight_smile:

Where can I buy this movie

Cine City, but only DVDr. These films are pretty rare so donā€™t expect a proper DVD to be available. The Cine City DVDrā€™s are usually too expensive and have pretty bad quality, but Iā€™d be sure one of the forum members will be happy to help you (Iā€™ve still got three DVDrā€™s to burn so what I donā€™t need is a fourth!). Welcome to the forum.

There is a proper DVD release for this film in Italy from (Hobby and Work) and also a Audiodubbed Version.ā€™

Tom,

Thanks friends
i checked CineCity price is reasonable however i would gladly pay any forum member the same price if they can help . by the way has anyone got a link to Work and Hobby dvds
Many thanks

Here is the adress:

http://www.hobbyeworkpublishing.it/index.cfm?fuseaction=info_opera&id=166

Tom,

[quote=ā€œmahlstick, post:36, topic:1053ā€]Thanks friends
i checked CineCity price is reasonable however i would gladly pay any forum member the same price if they can help . by the way has anyone got a link to Work and Hobby dvds
Many thanks[/quote]
Someone could send you a copy for free, they have sent me ones a lot of times. I could help you too but as I said I still have to put three films in the post! Just PM to an (active) forum member who has it.

Iā€™ve got it covered Silence - as I started this thread I feel some responsibility for sharing the love with this one. Seems brother Mahlstick has a thing (understandingly) for dear Loredana - Iā€™ve offerered him out for a duel over this (cos sheā€™s mine I tell ya), but heā€™s gonna be getting V4V and $10,000FAM instead. Poor Loredana - I love her so much :-*.

Thanks Folks especially the good reverend
just recieved the movies today . Looking forward to watching them . Will report back soon.
Regards to all