Uvod Hrvatski [Croatian]

(Sebastian) #1

New introduction in Croatian

Što je špageti-vestern?
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Uvod

(scherpschutter) #2

Great addition. Unfortunately i can’t comment on the quality of the translation …

(titoli) #3

I can. It is readable, sentences mostly make sense and there are no words that doesn’t exist i Croatian. But, lots of frazes are awkward and would be said in different way in Croatian. If you are interested, I could make the adjustments to the text and send it to you?

PS: name of the language should be “Hrvatski” not “Hrvat” and name of this topic should be “Uvod”, not “Uvot”.
PPS: most people in Croatia (well, most that would find swdb on net) can read English version perfectly well, but I appreciate the addition :slight_smile:

(Sebastian) #4

Titoli, can u help ups fine tune the text if I make u an SWDb account?

(scherpschutter) #5

I you hae no account, you can send the new text to me. Send me a PM

(Sebastian) #6

I do think it would be better for titoli to be on board with his own account. After all, we want to grow our family :smile:

(scherpschutter) #7

True (plus a couple of characters)

(titoli) #8

Yes, I can, I’ll be glad to contribute :smile:

(Sebastian) #9

Great, check your email. In the meantime, original author @mikus99 has joined the forum!

(Mikolaj) #10

Hi! I’m mikus99 but I change name. I know Croatian but it’s not my mother tongue so maybe some of phrases aren’t so natural as these used be native Croatian. With a comments of @titoli surely it would be better :wink:

(Sebastian) #11

Hi @titoli and @Mikolaj when can you two have another look at the text? Let me know if there’s an issue with logging into the SWDb (contact me per PM or email)

(titoli) #12

Hi, I’ve started to go through the text, I’ll finish it over the weekend.

(titoli) #13

Changed text is up.

I have added one little fact that I hope Sebastian and original authors of the article won’t mind :wink:

(Sebastian) #14

I will have to use the smart powers of Google translate to even find out! :smile:

(Mikolaj) #15

Great! Later I will write your version to compare with the first one and to find your ‘little fact’ :slight_smile: and I think that you should add your name near my as a second author or at least that you helped in making this translation :wink:
When I have time, I’ll add few croatian and polish original titles of westerns.

(Mikolaj) #16

I think, I got your new fact - Blu-ray, yes? ;d

(titoli) #17

Yes, I’ve added that too, but I was actually hinting at another one: Yugoslavia as filming location :wink: