[USA] Spaghetti DVD overview

More crime movies, that’s what i say, it’s my favourite genre after the spaghetti’s! :wink:

Hi does anybory know this collection ?
http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6703&page=3

[quote=“Raph_Alv, post:22, topic:33”]Hi does anybory know this collection ?
Colección Spaghetti Western DVD y Blu-ray | página 3[/quote]Spanish - ZONADVD.com releases. I don’t have any of them so I don’t know about the quality but they seem to be in Spanish only, too bad since there’s a couple of interesting titles.

Hello
Trinity and Sartana… do not know this dvd quality… somebody?

http://www.aawisdom.com/PagesDVDWestern/GoneWithTheWestTrinity.html

I would presume it is the same public domain source as the one used in St Clairs box sets. It will be fulscreen but not bad in terms of clarity and sound. It’s a crap film though. Although not as bad as the other one featured there. Gone With the West is one of the worst, patched together from the cutting room floor films I have ever seen. Has to be seen to be believed.

[quote=“Raph_Alv, post:24, topic:33”]Hello
Trinity and Sartana… do not know this dvd quality… somebody?

http://www.aawisdom.com/PagesDVDWestern/GoneWithTheWestTrinity.html[/quote]
I’ve had it. Especially during the opening titles it is clear that almost half of the screen is chopped off. And Phil is right, it is a crappy fim too, one of the worst spaghetti westerns ever. The other movie’s picture quality is crap too, almost unwatchable.

I know some people (like me) love the releases from Blue Underground. I wanted to post this in case it wasn’t already mentioned - Blue Underground is closing up shop as they feel they can no longer compete with the big studios with their dvd’s. A shame that has happened as Bill Lustig and co. have put some really solid dvds (western, horror, cult, giallo).

But Blue Underground hasn’t released a new spaghetti western in the last 6 years so on that front they closed shop a long time ago :slight_smile:

That sucks about BU, but weren’t they at least making money? You don’t have to be able to compete with the big boys in order to be profitable do you?

If I ever win the lottery, I promise I will open up a DVD label specializing in SW’s.

I get a bit fed up of hearing about Blue Underground at times because of this fact.

yeah they only released four westerns and re-released a bunch more from Anchor Bay’s catalog. Most of their recent releases have been Anchor Bay dvds (Deep Red, Don’t Torture a Duckling)

well they re-released the ones Lustig had over at Anchor Bay. Now he’s busy re-releasing everything else he took when he left there, and now the switch to BluRay. My guess is there won’t be anything “new” until evertying’s out on DVD that was out at Anchor Bay

actually they’re pretty much done with everything - anything new that comes out was already planned and manufactured. A real shame they’re done regardless of the lack of new westerns or not.

Is it official or just a rumour? Didn’t find any official statement from their web site.

I’ll have to find where I saw it.

let’s all panic buy every of their DVDs so they stay in business…

I’ve been doing just that! LOL