Update: Tarantino spaghetti with Franco Nero and Christophe Waltz?

Bleeding Coolhttp://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/28/quentin-tarantino-prepping-for-spaghetti-western-with-franco-nero-keith-carradine-and-treat-williams/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+(Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher has this news this afternoon:

Meanwhile, news was getting about in Italy, regarding a new Spaghetti western that would somehow involve Tarantino’s contribution. Was this the same film?

Movieplayer (via The Playlist) have some quotes from actor Franco Nero on the subject of this film. I’ve put them through Google Translate:
[i]
My next project will be a western, but not in Italy. Here it is hard work.

The film will be called The Angel, The Bad and The Wise* and is a tribute to Sergio Leone. It ‘s a movie that contains humor, lots of action, but also a great plot.

We have already been signed by a dozen people who will be part of project. Among the filmmakers involved include Quentin Tarantino, Keith Carradine, Treat Williams, fifteen people in all. Americans who want to do this movie and so we are trying to produce it outside of Italy.[/i]</blockquote>

I wonder if that’s the rumoured film Franco Nero and Enzo Castellari were supposed to me making a few years back? I forget who they were quoted as saying was supposed to be involved back them (it’s in the interviews for the Koch Johnny Hamlet though).

Man, it would be so great if Tarantino actually directed a movie starring Franco Nero, but it’s seems pretty improbable.

Woah, this sounds awesome! Django 3 perhaps? ;D

A follow-up from Bleeding Cool:

Mr. Beaks (Who? I told you to read the last story) has confirmed that Tarantino’s next film will indeed be a spaghetti Western, just as Franco Nero said. Better still, he’s telling us that Christoph Waltz will have “one of” the film’s starring roles. As for the dreadful title that Nero dropped – The Angel, The Bad and The Wise – Beaks says that it isn’t even close.

Could there be two films? Castellari and Nero’s spaghetti, with Tarantino producing and cameoing, and Tarantino’s, starring Waltz?

[quote=“Commissioner, post:2, topic:2668”]I wonder if that’s the rumoured film Franco Nero and Enzo Castellari were supposed to me making a few years back? I forget who they were quoted as saying was supposed to be involved back them (it’s in the interviews for the Koch Johnny Hamlet though).[/quote]I think so, the title is the same if I remember correctly.

Man I hope this really happens.

From deadline.com:

I ran into Quentin Tarantino (at an Oscar after-party), who said that he has completed the script for his Western, and that compared to recent scripts like Inglourious Basterds and Kill Bill that took so long to crystallize, this one came together much quicker and just flowed out of him. He wasn't more descriptive than that before I lost him in the crowd, but my understanding is he'll deliver within two months and then TWC will begin moving toward a production start.

Finally, there is a movie on the horizon that I am truly excited for!

if this is true then it could be interesting :slight_smile:

I think the Commissioner has it pegged. From the proposed title I think this is the Castellari / Nero project from a decade ago. It seems Franco can’t get production company in Europe to back it so he’s trying the U.S. and with the Tarantino name on the project he hopes to get it going again. This thing has failed so many times I won’t believe it until the film is in the can.

Either flick would be awesome to see. Hey Tom watched Matalo! last night. Nice how Wild East dedicated the movie to you. I thought that was pretty cool.

Well, now I think it’s been established, that there are two movies being talked about here, and the details might be mixed and matched between them. There’s The Angel, The Bad and the Wise, likely the Castellari movie, and the Tarantino western, of which Deadlinehttp://www.deadline.com/2011/02/oscar-party-roundup-after-kings-speech-weinstein-could-have-good-news-soon-on-quentin-tarantino-tom-hooper-projects/ says:

I ran into Quentin Tarantino, who said that he has completed the script for his Western, and that compared to recent scripts like Inglourious Basterds and Kill Bill that took so long to crystallize, this one came together much quicker and just flowed out of him. He wasn't more descriptive than that before I lost him in the crowd, but my understanding is he'll deliver within two months and then TWC will begin moving toward a production start.

Franco Nero told me this is all “talk”.

[ No Subject ]Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:55 PM
From: “----------------------” <------------------------>View contact detailsTo: “Eric Zaldivar” spag_fan@yahoo.comDear eric at the moment it is just talk ciao franco
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

According to an e-mail I received from Bill Connolly who was told by Lorenzo De Luca, "Yeah, it is The Badlanders/The Angel the Brute & the Sage. Tarantino has only a cameo along with Rodriguez, Eli Roth. Rest of the cast includes Keith Carradine, Treat Williams, John Saxon (if he’s not alzhaimer), Murray Abraham, Francesco Quinn, John Landis, Gordon Liu (all of them signed a letter of intent). Castellari will direct the movie. I hope this will be the right time.

Well, like everybody else here I hope this will become a reality.

[quote=“Commissioner, post:2, topic:2668”]I wonder if that’s the rumoured film Franco Nero and Enzo Castellari were supposed to me making a few years back? I forget who they were quoted as saying was supposed to be involved back them (it’s in the interviews for the Koch Johnny Hamlet though).[/quote]I remember Ethan Hawke being mentioned (primarily because of the way Castellari pronounced his name ;))

Anyone else think that with the interest in spaghettis this film will kick up we may see some new DVD releases?

Hope so, you never know !