UK GBU screenings

well let him know the SWDB will gladly help to promote these screenings

I’m up for it too…SWs, The Rev, The Choir Mistress, Sparky Houndog, Phil H (and hopefully Yod & Seb), northern ale and Bratford curries…heaven on earth. The Mild Bunch Oop North.

Explain more about these Bratford Curries.

Well the good reverend said i can always stay in his vestry if i went up there so i’m up for it :slight_smile:

Bradford is a small city in West Yorkshire in the North of England. Locals pronounce it with a definite silent t sound so I put Bratford (to be pronounced as a cockney would).
Anyway back to the point…Bradford is well known for its very large Asian community (cheifly Pakistani I do believe) and side by side with this goes its reputation for the availability of top notch Asian cuisine at bloody cheap prices. Not so relevant these days coz most English towns now have Asian restaurants but back in the sixties and seventies Bradford was the place to experience a pucker Asian curry. I went to Uni. there in the late seventies and my being from the south Bradford was quite a culture shock. From living in a village where the whole pub went quiet if a black guy walked in, I moved to a city with a huge Asian population and quite often I would find myself to be the only white guy in sight. It was a great experience for me and a huge chunk of my many happy memories feature a Bradford curry house in them.

[quote=“Tigero, post:25, topic:1192”]Bradford is a small city in West Yorkshire in the North of England. Locals pronounce it with a definite silent t sound so I put Bratford (to be pronounced as a cockney would).
Anyway back to the point…Bradford is well known for its very large Asian community (cheifly Pakistani I do believe) and side by side with this goes its reputation for the availability of top notch Asian cuisine at bloody cheap prices. Not so relevant these days coz most English towns now have Asian restaurants but back in the sixties and seventies Bradford was the place to experience a pucker Asian curry. I went to Uni. there in the late seventies and my being from the south Bradford was quite a culture shock. From living in a village where the whole pub went quiet if a black guy walked in, I moved to a city with a huge Asian population and quite often I would find myself to be the only white guy in sight. It was a great experience for me and a huge chunk of my many happy memories feature a Bradford curry house in them. [/quote]
Thanks. That’s really interesting. It’s making me hungry for curry. And a Pakastani girl I once knew named Faraza.

That’ll be Timothy Taylors Landlord then, brewed in Keighley - which other than said brew, is built from the foundations up, from the devil’s shit! It is no surprise that the 666 bus goes from Bratford to Keighly (true) … it’s the bus of the beast.
Still TT Landlord is reputedly Madonna’s favorite beer - havn’t seen her in any Bratford curry houses tho’.

Fuck me - I’ve been away from the forum for a couple of hours and i’ve already got a priory-full! (Still room for you tho’ Brother Romaine - but’ll it’ll be sharing with Sparky :D.)

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:27, topic:1192”]That’ll be Timothy Taylors Landlord then, brewed in Keighley - which other than said brew, is built from the foundations up, from the devil’s shit! It is no surprise that the 666 bus goes from Bratford to Keighly (true) … it’s the bus of the beast.
Still TT Landlord is reputedly Madonna’s favorite beer - havn’t seen her in any Bratford curry houses tho’.

Fuck me - I’ve been away from the forum for a couple of hours and i’ve already got a priory-full! (Still room for you tho’ Brother Romaine - but’ll it’ll be sharing with Sparky :D.)[/quote]

Will Sparky dress up like Chelo Alonso? Cause everything else sounds great.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
It wont matter how much he looks like her …
he’s gonna ruin the illusion when he starts lickin’ his balls! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:29, topic:1192”]:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
It wont matter how much he looks like her …
he’s gonna ruin the illusion when he starts lickin’ his balls! :P[/quote]

Jesus.
At least he has his priorities in the right place.
But I draw the line at interspecies copulation.
Maybe I’ll stop by Italy and kidnap Chelo. She should be easy to catch. She’s freakin’ 75 now.
Still, it beats Sparky.

This comment reminded me of the film CLERKS 2

some sicko is putting on a man and pony show but because of today’s political correctness bollocks he says he prefers it to be called
INTERSPECIES EROTICA :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I couldn’t stop laughing

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:31, topic:1192”]This comment reminded me of the film CLERKS 2

some sicko is putting on a man and pony show but because of today’s political correctness bollocks he says he prefers it to be called
INTERSPECIES EROTICA :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I couldn’t stop laughing[/quote]

That’s pretty funny, is the rest of the movie as good as this lline?

It’s great, Kevin Smith really pushed the boundaries some of the time i’d say, even uncomfortably at times, there’s even a whole segment referring to some people as “porch monkeys”, quite near the mark i’d say.

If you like your humour on the dodgy side have you seen “Freddy got fingered”

I shall def be off up the road to Bradford for the GBU screening but what is this about next year Phil? A season? Please tell.

I’m sure if you’ve seen Harold and Kumar Escape from GuantanamoBay, You’d think Clerks 2 was like pocahauntas. It is pretty daring. I’m surprised it didn’t gety NC-17.

A season of ‘non Leone’ spaghetti westerns is being planned for next June to be shown at the BFI Southbank in London. This season will be followed by at least some screenings of selected films at BFI Bradford. The complete season will be around 10-12 films and is being co curated by Alex Cox.

This is all very much in the preliminary planning stage so anything could happen between now and next June. One problem will be getting hold of suitable prints for the films Alex is keen to include. As it stands the BFI only have access to 35mm prints of The Great Silence and Django Kill plus The Big Gundown in a heavily cut 83 minute version. (clearly not ideal)

I have already promised to keep everyone posted as this all develops and will start a relevant thread on the forum when there is anything concrete to report.

Thanks.
I will try to contain myself until then! :o :-X :smiley: