Twice a Judas / Due volte Giuda (Nando Cicero, 1968)

So who wears the headband best in SWs ?

3 Likes

What a choice!

I imagine that if Keoma takes his headband off, the huge mullet will be attached. Not cool :laughing:

Van Cleef, just for sheer brazenness, is a beauty ā€¦ but I think Milian has this one cold.

4 Likes

Milian, no contest :ok_hand:

3 Likes

POST CONTAINING SPOILERS

For the first half an hour of the movie no one is aware of Lukeā€™s loss of memory (at night the saloon singer gives him the medallion because this was requested by Susan on the verge of death).

After being visited by Doc Russell he interacts almost exclusively with the character played by JosĆ© Calvo and ā€˜Victorā€™ (who interrupts Lukeā€™s conversation with Sam at the ranch), only the saloon girl understands the situation and despite the understandable fear makes some revelations.

When Luke says heā€™s going after a man named Dingus and someone might be of help both Sam and the doctor are killed.

No, just a close friend - and comrade in arms - of Luke and Victor. We can assume that his mother worked as a domestic helper for the Barrett family.

Of course, even though for some reason he says nothing to the hitman. Or, more likely, the latter doesnā€™t believe the identity theft story and cuts him off.

The bankers, the sheriff and a large part of the townā€™s population arrived after the war and those who ordered the elimination of Victor Barrett didnā€™t know the whole truth, only being aware of unspecified family conflict in the past.

Watching this off one of those cheap sets,16 movies across 4 dvds in a tin. Full Frame that is a total dead center of the screen version. But Sabato is decent and canā€™t wait to see Kinski.

Just finished it. Decent film but really want to see a widescreen version.

https://youtu.be/_FDC4dQrB-8

Here you go

1 Like

I just watched this one again.
If someone could update the main page: Due volte Giuda

At least some of the ā€œfilming locationā€ was set at Esplugas City

Thanks,

done

The vast majority of the film was shot in Almeria ā€¦ !

2 Likes

There is now a new poll for this film on the original post at the top of the page. :arrow_up:

Would be nice to get even a DVD of this one. Obviously a blu would be preferable.

1 Like

there are DVDs though

I missed the wild east one and now it goes for way too much.

Isnā€™t there a double bill with Savage Guns? No idea what the print looks like

Copies sold for Ā£20 and $40 on ebay within the last few months so really not that bad and thereā€™s the double feature mentioned above as alternative although that may be slightly grey market but in reality so is Wild Eastsā€™ :slight_smile:

I used to have it on an old mill creek set with a load of others in sleeves that were all in crappy quality (I think it was mill creek at least). But it was really not worth having.

Same with that one, I have bought from that company before and what I got was unwatchable.

If I had of seen it that would have been a great price, but Iā€™ve not personally seen this one pop up in quite some time.

I guess what I should have said is a good / accessible copy would be nice if someone was to put one out, as what we have available right now is not great. Iā€™d wager quite a few are missing this one from their collection.

1 Like

I didnā€™t realize it was so expensive or hard to find ā€¦ I made a fandub using the Italian release DVD and the complete English audio version (some have politically incorrect moments edited out) when it was shown on movies4men ā€¦ lucky old me! :wink:

PS: It is on Youtube , in fairly good widescreen quality ā€¦ better at least than pan scan versions.

The FILMS & CLIPS version appears uncut @ the crucial finale ā€¦ Grjngo westerns reverts to the Italian track for the line about ā€˜Dingusā€™ being a dirty half breed Indian bastard. Oh, how rude! :wink:

3 Likes

Just watched this one for the first time (YouTube). I enjoyed it. As others have noted, I felt that it picked up considerably in the second half, but the mystery aspect was pretty intriguing throughout. Kinski was fairly restrained here but a had one or two of those classic Kinski freakout moments. I thought Sabbato was fine, but itā€™s not like heā€™s a great actor or anything. Good photography and exciting action sequences. Overall, pretty good, Iā€™d say.

I liked this one because I love mystery movies. I think the biggest issue of Twice a Judas is the way the characters act. Sabato never asks anyone about who he is and does things without any reason. He does not ask and noone bothers to tell him anything. The revealing of the mystery should have been handled better. What I loved about the movie was the dog helping Sabato in a shootout. I just love when animals help the main character.

2 Likes

Hah, yeah I donā€™t mind some plot holes if it improves a movie but if itā€™s too obvious like this it just sort of takes me out of it.

I was lucky enough to pick the WE version off eBay at a half decent price (Ā£30) the other day. Slowly adding to my WE collection (a few rarer ones I need).
I enjoyed the films overall. As mentioned above, never going to be a top 20 candidateā€¦ā€¦but a solid 3/5 for me.

3 Likes