Tuco (GBU) & Scrat (Ice Age) - inspired twins

Right, I might be making a lot of people here think I’m 100% nuts. And maybe I am…but what te heck. I’ve been brewing on this theory since the first time I watched GBU and saw Tuco act the way he acts.

Ok, my proposal :

The cartoon character ‘Scrat’ (Sabre tooth squirrel, basically) in the various Ice Age movies is based upon the ‘Tuco’ character from the Good, the bad & the ugly.

My reasoning :

• Both characters are perpetually looking for their treasure (Gold & Nuts respectively)

but more importantly :

• The sounds Scrat makes seem to be a clear copy of all the surprising grunts and moaning of Tuco. A tad higher, but definitely too similar to be accidental.
  • Even some of the facial expression of Scrat reminds me of Tuco (when in anger or surprise).

Right, maybe its just that I’m a big fan of the Scrat character (and I hate animated movies in general)…but…anyone…agree ? ::slight_smile:

That sounds a little strange…

Scrat never reminded me on Tuco. He is more like Fuzzy :smiley:
Scrat is more the funny sidekick character which can be often found in such movies.

Never thought of it, but you might have a point

I actually quite like the Ice Age movies, but this is something I have never even considered. [quote=“defocus, post:1, topic:2045”]Right, I might be making a lot of people here think I’m 100% nuts.[/quote]
Careful… Someone may say you are right about the nuts bit… :wink:

I think Tuco is more like Ren.

lol…such a random post

now i’ll never watch Ice age the same

So I just saw the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for the first time today… and after seeing the scene where Tuco is digging up the gold from the graveyard, he does sound exactly like Scrat! So I google search it and I find I’m not alone!

hah ! justice after all ! Thanks sven :smiley:

Once I’m home (1 month) I’ll make some audio comparisons between scrat and tuco…to convert the masses!

[quote=“klinteastwood, post:7, topic:2045”]lol…such a random post

now i’ll never watch Ice age the same[/quote]
Me neither; I’ll be on the look out now for anything that might connect the two!

Me neither, because I have never watchted it, never will! I hate all that animation movie crap!

Another reason not to get kids ;). Except if they’re SW fans, like this un-silent guy…

What about the other reasons?

That is a bit harsh. I quite like a few of them (“Fantastia”, “101 Dalmatians”, “Wall-E”, etc, etc…).

Ok it might be harsh. There are some that are OK.
Old school animation movies are sometomes good.
But I think all that pixar crap is awful.

[quote=“Dillinger, post:15, topic:2045”]Ok it might be harsh. There are some that are OK.
Old school animation movies are sometomes good.
But I think all that pixar crap is awful.[/quote]
Maybe it would be more balanced if you said: “I think most animation is c***”?

You have to have an opinion, man!

For me eventually all animations cause almost 100% of today’s animations are exactly this pixar and pixar-like crap I was talking about.

Therefore I can say that they’re all crap, because if someone would ask me to go with him to the cinema in order to watch an animation flick, the probability of seeing one of the aforementioned “works” is very high.

That’s the only one, except maybe lesser money for Spaghettis :D. Don’t take me seriosly now.

I actually don’t spend that much on SWs these days.

[quote=“Dillinger, post:17, topic:2045”]You have to have an opinion, man!

For me eventually all animations cause almost 100% of today’s animations are exactly this pixar and pixar-like crap I was talking about.[/quote]
Okay, I except that you don’t like Pixar’s films (I thourght you ment all animations earlier).

Gasp in shock. :o