Batman Begins
Shaun of the Dead
Dagon
Napoleon Dynamite
Team America: World Police
Sin City
Football Factory
Dead Snow

Shit. Dead Snow was really good and I forgot about it. Actually, I forgot about The Descent as well.

The Guy Ritchie movie? :o

thanks and I too forgot about The Descent too.

Not much to chose from in the past decade and looks like its not going to be getting any better :’(

1. Gladiator
  2. Pirates of the Caribbean (1st one)
  3. Incredibles
  4. Lord of the Rings (1st one)
  5. Lord of the Rings (2nd one)
  6. Fearless
  7. Appleseed Ex Machina
  8. Snatch
  9. 40 Year Old Virgin
  10. Sideways

Yeah… when I first saw it i’d give it 1/10, then I saw the Uk version now I give it 10/10… everything just made sense this time round.

I’m with Phil on this. If people talk about e.g. the 80s, they mostly mean the years 80 to 89, even if from the mathematical point of view Topo is right.

I also remember that the turn of the century was celebrated 1999, and people don’t cared very much about those who tried to bring to mind that it wasn’t correct.

But I do it like Korano, I take films from 2000 to 2010.

Oh God… Not another list! But I’m a sucker for these types of things so I’ll probably get round to doing one eventually. In the mean time, surfice to say The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is my favourite of the 2000-2009 period (and that’s how I class the decade, so the maths can go to H–L!).

Aren’t any engineers around here or maths Teachers for God sake, what an example we are giving to kids ;D

if you wanna blame someone blame it on the Italian monk that lived in the VI century around 555, and started (on the pope request I think) the calendar as we know it . Starting from 1 ;D ;D ;D

Not a decade I will remember for many films compared to other decades, but a few I will come back to are:

1. Harry Brown.
  2. Martyres.
  3. Gran Torino.
  4. Rambo.
  5. Death Sentence ( 2007 ).
  6. Spider.

I actually haven’t seen too many films from the 2000-2009 decade to tell the truth but out of the ones that I have seen I guess I would rank the Lord of the Rings Trilogy at the top.

Need to watch it.

It’s quite difficult cause this decade had so many great films.
Revolutionary Road, Pans Labyrinth, Snatch (if 2000 is in the decade!), The Lord of the Rings (all three parts), Inception, The Jason Bourne Movies, The Hangover, Der Untergang, Babel, Shaun of the Dead, Kill Bill 1 + 2, No Country for Old Men, Amelie, Whatever Works, Inception, District 9, The Descent, There will be blood, Taken, Sin City, John Rambo, Changeling, Chachè, Ocean’s 11, House of Flying Daggers …

Nice to see some more love for The Lord of the Rings! For years these films were at the top of my favourite films list but eventually this past year The Good, the Bad and the Ugly has taken the top spot. But for movies made from 2000-2009 they are without a doubt the best in my mind. There’s also the fact that they swept the Oscars in 2004 :wink: