Has there ever been such a list? There are some good ones…
Most of these arent the trinity style comedies but they could all be classified as comedy…
My Name is Nobody
Nobody is the Greatest
Too Much Gold for One Gringo
Train for Durango
Dead Men Don’t Count
Ben & Charlie
Pretty stretched criteria Chuck, you should have GBU on your list too
My name is Nobody and Sabata, only ones I like.
GBU is more funny than many comedies, but it is not for a sec a comedy. Companeros has a few comedy elements, but Isn’t a comedy either .
Others are half-comedies like My Name is Halleluja, My Name is Nobody or Last Train to Durango. I count these as westerns not as comedies. But the 2nd Halleluja and the 2nd Nobody (which actually neither is a Nobody nor the greatest) are definitely comedies.
There are several comedy westerns, but not that much if we only include those which are at first comedies and then westerns, or with other words comedies in a western setting.
My favourite SW comedies are the films by E. B. Clucher, and that was it.
I was curious what people thought about comedy in SWs and maybe hoping for a few recommendations…I realize that’s not the reason most of us watch them but its nice for a change of pace once in a while
They call me Hallelujah and They Call Him Cemetery are two comedies I really enjoyed. On the other hand I tried watching one of the Tresette movies and couldn’t take it for more than 15 minutes. Absolute crap.
Titoli, you didn’t like the Trinity movies? Those are pretty funny…
Yeah, I was going to put a list together but then when I started trying to think of titles, there would only be maybe 10 I could think of total (top or bottom)
I know there are surely more than this, but most would not be worth consideration in any kind of top list.
Could maybe do a top 3 or 4
I loved Bud Spencer’s movies when I was a kid, but that kind of slapstick is not my thing anymore…
Apart from the first Trinity in my opinion there aren’t SW comedies that can be considered top 50, maybe not even top 100 material. Haven’t seen the Provvidenza movies.
Comedies I’ve seen in order of preference:
- Lo chiamavano Trinità/They Call Me Trinity
- Amico, stammi lontano almeno un palmo/Ben and Charlie
- Un treno per Durango/A Train for Durango
- Il mio nome è Nessuno/My Name is Nobody
- Continuavano a chiamarlo Trinità/Trinity is still my Name
- Un genio, due compari, un pollo/A Genius, Two Partners and a Dupe
- Si può fare… amigo/It Can Be Done Amigo
- E continuavano a fregarsi il milione di dollari/Bad Man’s River
- Vado… l’ammazzo e torno/Any Gun Can Play
- E poi lo chiamarono il Magnifico/Man of the East
- Testa t’ammazzo, croce… sei morto… Mi chiamano Alleluja/They Call Me Hallelujah
- I tre che sconvolsero il West/I Came, I Saw, I Shot
- Trinità e Sartana figli di…/Trinity and Sartana… Those Dirty S.O.B.s
- Vivi o, preferibilmente, morti/Alive or Preferably Dead
- Dinamite Jim
- Lo chiamavano Verità/They Call Him Veritas
- Cipolla Colt/Cry, Onion!
- Scansati… a Trinità arriva Eldorado/Run Men, Eldorado is Coming to Trinity
- Carambola, filotto… tutti in buca/Carambola’s Philosophy: In the Right Pocket
- Alleluja e Sartana figli di… Dio/Alleluja & Sartana Are Sons… Sons of God
- Tutti per uno… botte per tutti/Three Musketeers of the West
- Sette monache a Kansas City/Seven Nuns in Kansas City
Films I like but as a whole I don’t classify as comedies:
E per tetto un cielo di stelle/A Sky Full Of Stars For A Roof
Uomo avvisato mezzo ammazzato… parola di Spirito Santo/His Name Was Holy Ghost
SW comedies seen but not ranked at the present time:
Così Sia/Man Called Amen
Il West ti va stretto, amico… è arrivato Alleluja/The Return of Halleluja
Lo chiamavano Tresette… giocava sempre col morto/The Man Called Invincible
Di Tresette ce n’è uno, tutti gli altri son nessuno/The Crazy Bunch
Well I guess most of mine are dark comedies, do they all have to be lighthearted family films to be considered comedy?
I guess I don’t consider it a comedy unless its central theme is comedy.
Lots of films have lots of humour without being a comedy, I don’t see a western as any different in this regard.
well, comedies …
first one appears on my list at number 50 of my real SW list and that’s Roy Colt & Winchester Jack
- Roy Colt & Winchester Jack
- My Name Is Nobody
- What Am I Doing In The Middle Of Revolution
now i got suddenly to the bottom of my real SW list
- Return Of Halleluja
- Trinity Is Still My Name
- They Call Me Trinity
- Cut Throats Nine (no surprise it’s here)
- Genius And Two Motherfuckers
- Buddy Goes West
- A Man Called Amen
but look, fellas, with Man Called Amen on the 10. position i rather call this TOP/BOTTOM list, then i can have a good sleep
IMDb user ratings:
Thank you for the extensive list Señor Corbett
Maybe these, some of them I call semi-comedies.
My Name is Nobody
They call me Hallelujah
Man of the East
Buddy Goes West
Trinity is Still My Name
Roy Colt & Winchester Jack
Ben and Charlie
Alive or Preferably Dead
Here we go again, Providence
I usedto hate Crazy Bunch but now it’s some sort of guilty plasure for me. Totally insane film.
I’ve never been much for spaghetti oater comedies. I usually avoid them like the plague. Maybe I need to give a few of them another day in court, though. It’s not like I have anything better to do! :
In rough order:
[ol][li]My Name is Nobody - excellent[/li]
[li]They Call Me Cemetery - possibly not really a comedy, but I has enough comedy bits, and I do enjoy it[/li]
[li]Train for Durango - good fun, and definitely on the comedy side of things[/li]
[li]Seven Guns for the MacGregors - I found this quite entertaining[/li]
[li]They Call Me Hallelujah - better for the action than the comedy, but OK[/li]
[li]Seven Women for the MacGregors - OK, not fantastic[/li]
[li]Roy Colt and Winchester Jack - I can’t really recommend this[/li][/ol]
I’m not a huge fan of the Spaghetti Western comedy, so have missed quite a few of the key ones (Trinity, notably).
Also of note: the musical intro to Captain Apache.