Tomas Milian: The Tough Bandit, the Rough Cop & the Filthy Rat in Italian Cinema

Looks like this is about to get a re-release:

Although the original version is still available with CD on IBS.it

Worth picking up?

I picked this one up when I was in Italy recently.
Worth having if you are a Milian fan (I am) but to be honest a bit overpriced for what it is. It’s only just over a hundred pages long and although it does include a CD the tracks on it are a bit hit and miss. Includes plenty of good pics though. Which, in reality, is what it is all about. Very little text and as it appears in both Italian and English it really only amounts to a paragraph per crime film and a half dozen pages of introduction.
Having said all that, I’m glad to have it.

When you look at this in ‘last posts’ no title comes up (I’ve noticed this with other threads). The only way I could find out what it was, was to ‘quote’. I think maybe the title’s too long? Or is this my computer??

May be your computer. Or even what browser you are using.
I’m looking at in recent posts and it’s showing the title fine. But I have noticed other problems I have when I sometimes come on the site through google chrome. When through that I lose all options in the post reply box. No smileys, bold or italic options etc. When I go through Internet Explorer all is fine. Don’t ask me why. The whole thing is beyond me.

No two browsers are exactly alike and no two are capable of the same things. That’s what makes web developing so ‘interesting’.

[quote=“Phil H, post:2, topic:1729”]I picked this one up when I was in Italy recently.
Worth having if you are a Milian fan (I am) but to be honest a bit overpriced for what it is. It’s only just over a hundred pages long and although it does include a CD the tracks on it are a bit hit and miss. Includes plenty of good pics though. Which, in reality, is what it is all about. Very little text and as it appears in both Italian and English it really only amounts to a paragraph per crime film and a half dozen pages of introduction.
Having said all that, I’m glad to have it.[/quote]

I picked it up in Foyles in London, UK back in June. To be honest I was a bit disappointed because I had not realized that it was not going to talk about his SW roles at all and I am not too familiar with Italian crime films. Also it was very sparse on text, as you mention.

Novocento, the Italian crime films are fantastic, you should give them a try :wink:

Having a bit of a clean out. If anyone wants my copy of this book (excellent condition with CD), then please send me a pm. As I mentioned, it only focuses on Milian’s crime films and not Spaghettis so wasn’t quite what I was looking for.

My copy is missing the CD. It’s certainly a book ofr the pictures, not for the text.

For Angelface, to ‘see’ what miss, I uploaded one of my favorite tracks from this CD.
Il Trucido E Lo Sbirro (From ‘Il Trucido E Lo Sbirro’)[url]http://rapidshare.com/files/420662360/Track3.rar[/url]

the pics of tomas are the plus side of the book.

Wow-- I’m not too into Italian Cinema, but that looks really interesting.