Today's UBI (Useless Bit of Information)

Amy Winehouse (what a cool name casa do vinho) said that she does not comsume drugs for about three years, poor dealers out to unemployment they go ;D

My dentist tried to extract a tooth, but it broke off, so I had to go to the hospital this afternoon to have it removed; the doctor saw too late that the wound (made by the dentist) had inflamed, so it wasn’t a pleasant experience, very painfull. I’ll have to take antibiotics for a week now, which means I’ll have a lot of stomach problems in the days to come (my stomach doesn’t react very well to antibiotics, I’m even allergic to some)

It’s going to be a bad night
(And I won’t be able to speak Chinese tomorrow night ;D)

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:62, topic:1445”]My dentist tried to extract a tooth, but it broke off, so I had to go to the hospital this afternoon to have it removed; the doctor saw too late that the wound (made by the dentist) had inflamed, so it wasn’t a pleasant experience, very painfull. I’ll have to take antibiotics for a week now, which means I’ll have a lot of stomach problems in the days to come (my stomach doesn’t react very well to antibiotics, I’m even allergic to some)

(And I won’t be able to speak Chinese tomorrow night ;D)[/quote]

More useless than this can’t be but never been in the dentist myself, maybe some day I’ll try it just to know the feeling ;D .

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:62, topic:1445”]My dentist tried to extract a tooth, but it broke off, so I had to go to the hospital this afternoon to have it removed; the doctor saw too late that the wound (made by the dentist) had inflamed, so it wasn’t a pleasant experience, very painfull. I’ll have to take antibiotics for a week now, which means I’ll have a lot of stomach problems in the days to come (my stomach doesn’t react very well to antibiotics, I’m even allergic to some)

(And I won’t be able to speak Chinese tomorrow night ;D)[/quote]

Ouch! That’s bad, man…if I had to go through that I would be quite miserable. I guess I’m lucky that when I had my wisdom teeth taken out they came out with no problems. You have my sympathies.

(And I won’t be able to speak Chinese tomorrow night ;D)[/quote]owww! you have my sympathies to Scherp

What have the following people got in common… other than westerns (real or imagined)?
Gene Autry; Ernest Borgnine; James Bowie; Buffalo Bill; Samuel Colt; Davy Crockett; Richard J Gatling; Roy Rogers; Telly Savalas & John Wayne.

Turns out that they were all Freemasons.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:66, topic:1445”]What have the following people got in common… other than westerns (real or imagined)?
Gene Autry; Ernest Borgnine; James Bowie; Buffalo Bill; Samuel Colt; Davy Crockett; Richard J Gatling; Roy Rogers; Telly Savalas & John Wayne.

Turns out that they were all Freemasons.[/quote]

How did you find out?

Serious: Freemansonry, or whatever it’s called, is supposed to be so mysterious, so secretive that I always wonder where the hell people who write books on the phenomenon, get their information from (unless they’re freemasons themselves, of course)

I know a few people who are said to be freemasons, but they always refuse to answer my questions
One of them does answer my questions, but I often think he’s pulling people’s legs (I’ve done that too, after reading a few books about Freemasonry I told people I was a freemason)

Wonder which one liked / likes a drink the most…

My grandfather was a freemason. He was a bit like a spy…he told you nothing.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:67, topic:1445”]How did you find out?

Serious: Freemansonry, or whatever it’s called, is supposed to be so mysterious, so secretive that I always wonder where the hell people who write books on the phenomenon, get their information from (unless they’re freemasons themselves, of course)

I know a few people who are said to be freemasons, but they always refuse to answer my questions
One of them does answer my questions, but I often think he’s pulling people’s legs (I’ve done that too, after reading a few books about Freemasonry I told people I was a freemason)[/quote]

I am one.

Mine is too. I’ve never asked him about it other than asking what the symbol on his ring was about.

The info is from a book called The Secrets of the Lost Symbol by Ian Gittins - a matter of fact sort of tome that debunks Dan Brown’s nonsense. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m not a mason, but I’ve been working closely with a lodge in redesigning a 200 year old banner they had cleaned up and x-rayed. I ended up redesigning it and painting the actual banner - it was very interesting as the x-ray disclosed a crocodile - which is quite amazing as there’s not many of them to be found normally in Yorkshire! I was given access to their old archives and got quite taken with it all.
I’ve got enough hobbies tho’ and won’t be joining Frank’s gang.

Nice to know, Frank.

Most Freemasons I know (if they really are …) are very nice people, and you don’t seem to be the exception to the rule …

We have nothing to hide (in this country anyway). You can find nearly everything on the web or in books. I have been active for 10 years and received the 33rd degree this past summer.

Thanks Sherp - most of the Freemasons are good people - yes there are some bad eggs but they can be found in every group/organization/club/team/etc.