To buy or not to buy?

I think it would be helpful to have a shopping watchdog page set up where everyone can share their purchase experiences. Discussing the quality of dvds and blu rays is helpful to everyone and ensures we spend our money well. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Not quite sure what you have in mind. The forum has a home video corner so for each release you can theoretically find info or start a new discussion or ask before you buy. And into the SWDb proper, we can include quality info for each release, it’s just that noone has done it yet, but we could, like add a community quality thumbs up or down rating…

I was thinking that the discussion on the quality of releases on the DVD SHOPPING DIARY needed it’s own place. My thinking was something separate to the shopping diary, more focused on the manufacturers.

There’s a thread called Which One To Buy

It must be old, I have never seen it. I’m just waiting now. Not sure if this new thread is needed then. I do think the quality info Sebastian spoke about is needed on the video reviews.
Just see what happens. :+1:

Dear Fellows,
You are indeed a swell bunch of guys! Thanks to your help, I was able to realize one of my most-cherished small-scale dreams, which was to buy an entirely new and unused copy of the “Wild East” Restored Director’s Cut of “A Reason To Live, A Reason To Die” (1972), and at the most reasonable price–including, of course, shipping and handling–of $109.45 (or was it $109.48? Whatever its cost, the price was entirely reasonable, and my obtaining of this DVD was a pure joy to me!)

3 Likes