Three Supermen of the West / … e così divennero i tre supermen del West / Los tres superhombres en el Oeste (Italo Martinenghi, George Martin, 1973)

Database page: E così divennero i tre supermen del West - The Spaghetti Western Database

Never seen one of these films before, and not sure if it qualifies as an SW exactly, though, most of it did take place in the old west and there were certainly enough genre regulars in there! Since it was in Italian audio only, i could only pick out bits and pieces of the dialogue, but basically the 3 Supermen (George Martin, Sal Borgese and Francisco Brana), who seem to spend as much time scrapping with each other as with anybody else, end up transported back in time via a capsule created by a couple of scientists (who have robot apes guarding their lab!!!) They somehow go from Italy to America aswell as travelling in time and land smack in the middle of a stagecoach holdup. Their machine is taken by the bandits so they have to fit in for a while and get it back. Basically, lots of slapstick fights (one of which seemed to go on forever), speeded up action and other silliness. I did find myself sniggering a few times, but, alarmingly for a UK viewer, the villains’ wheelchair bound mother (not sure if she was played by a woman or a man) looked scarily like the skinny one from The Chuckle Brothers…

It was an OK timewaster i guess, but it may be a while before i chase up another 3 Supermen effort!

:smiley: :smiley:

The Chuckle Brothers Go West!
Now that would be a film to avoid!!

“Hand over your pistol Gringo!”

“To me, to you…”
(Apologies to non brits on the forum to whom this will probably make no sense whatsoever.)

[quote=“Phil H, post:2, topic:1435”]:smiley: :smiley:

“To me, to you…”
(Apologies to non brits on the forum to whom this will probably make no sense whatsoever.)[/quote]

:smiley: :smiley: Actually…i’m finding that thought pretty funny… :stuck_out_tongue:

Three men in tight cheap looking supermen style outfits travel back in time to the Spaghetti west. Nothing much productive goes on while they are on the search for their stolen time machine. Much bar room style fighting and eating ensue, and soon find out Navajo Joe has their time machine.

Silliest film viewed so far this year for sure.

Well it’s only the beginning :wink:

Like Ennioo said above, this is also the silliest film I’ve seen this year too. And it’s October so Topo’s line about it being early yet doesn’t apply.

It’s not fair to judge this film as a western really. But it is fair to judge it as a Three Fantastic Supermen film and by that criteria it still isn’t any good. The original was far better, if still decidedly silly and benefited from the chemistry of Tony Kendall and Brad Harris which made it seem like a kind of surreal Kommissar X film in tights. In this one however, we have George Martin and Frank Brana and, like them both as I do, it could never be said that comedy was the forte of either of them. Sal Borghese takes the role of the mute clownish character, and he does have the odd funny moment to be fair, but the whole trio just can’t carry it off.

So all in all a pretty poor affair but its very worst point was the incredibly over long bar room brawl. I’m never a fan of these sorts of scenes but this one must qualify as the most boringly drawn out. I kid you not, I fell asleep at one point, woke up again at it was still going on. A film I can now happily tick off my ‘to see’ list and never revisit.

[quote=“Phil H, post:6, topic:1435”]Like Ennioo said above, this is also the silliest film I’ve seen this year too. And it’s October so Topo’s line about it being early yet doesn’t apply.

It’s not fair to judge this film as a western really. But it is fair to judge it as a Three Fantastic Supermen film and by that criteria it still isn’t any good. The original was far better, if still decidedly silly and benefited from the chemistry of Tony Kendall and Brad Harris which made it seem like a kind of surreal Kommissar X film in tights. In this one however, we have George Martin and Frank Brana and, like them both as I do, it could never be said that comedy was the forte of either of them. Sal Borghese takes the role of the mute clownish character, and he does have the odd funny moment to be fair, but the whole trio just can’t carry it off.

So all in all a pretty poor affair but its very worst point was the incredibly over long bar room brawl. I’m never a fan of these sorts of scenes but this one must qualify as the most boringly drawn out. I kid you not, I fell asleep at one point, woke up again at it was still going on. A film I can now happily tick off my ‘to see’ list and never revisit.[/quote]
there much much worse SW than this around like kid terrror of the west and the crazy bunch

[quote=“Phil H, post:2, topic:1435”]:smiley: :smiley:

“To me, to you…”
(Apologies to non brits on the forum to whom this will probably make no sense whatsoever.)[/quote]Wasn’t one of them a nonce or something?

Know exactly what you mean…been having a few of these recently myself.

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/...e_così_divennero_i_tre_supermen_del_West

I’ve never seen any other Supermen films so I don’t know what’s the story behind them but they seem to be 3 acrobats in stupid looking suits. I didn’t expect much of a western but in the end it was more western than “superhero” movie or whatever the genre should be. Supermen travel in time to old west and after 20 minutes they have already changed their clothes to normal western outfits and from then on the film looks like any other slapstick comedy western from the era. Not sure about the dialogue though since I saw the italian version without subs. There’s the mandatory saloon fight and the dressing up as a monks and other stupidities.
Cast is full of sw regulars from Sancho to Sanchez so it’s a good fun to spot the familiar faces. Biggest interest for me was the beautiful girl, Agata Lys who was not known to me before even though I had seen her in other westerns earlier. She looks stunning but unfortunately she doesn’t have much to do anything else.

Mildly entertaining and even funny at times but like others said I don’t think I’ll be revisiting it in near future.

My rating: 4/10

This film’s page has also been updated, please help us make it better.