Thompson 1880 (Guido Zurli, 1966)

Mainly light-hearted SW (despite a few violent scenes), directed in a rather unsure way but moderately entertaining.

My rating 2,5/5

That is rather surprising, but obviously apart from these two ingredients thereā€™s a world of difference between the two films: the only things in common are the year of release and the presence of JosĆ© BĆ³dalo.

In the S.C.O. Studios (Acilia) Western Town were filmed among others The Dirty Outlaws, Kill the Wicked!, My Name Is Pecos, Killer Caliber .32, Turnā€¦ Iā€™ll Kill You, part of Black Jack and part of The Greatest Robbery in the West.

Just watched this one. I thought the film was pretty average but definitely entertaining. The ending set in a 1960s museum spoiled the film in my opinion. Is there an English dub available?

Other SWs filmed in Stabilimenti Cinematografici Ostia are Death Sentence (the episode with Enrico Maria Salerno), Vengeance for Vengeance and God Will Forgive My Gun.

New poll for this one on the original post at the top of the page.

@Admin Its page needs an update as well. Added the link up above.

2 Likes

I am probably going to be in the minority here but I enjoyed this one. While far from being a classic, it is an enjoyable way to pass away an hour and a half.

2 Likes

This movieā€™s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Please notify us of any corrections necessary. We especially welcome pictures, reviews, links, trivia, facts, etc.

1 Like