"They'll kill it off....."

Harmonica: “Other Morton’s will be along, and they’ll kill it off…”

This brief, but accurate, quote from Chuck Bronson in ‘Once Upon A Time…’ came to mind tonight…

I was looking nostalgically at my photos and camcorder footage of the Almeria Leone movie locations, and the realisation hit me - for the millionth time recently - that these beautiful landmarks in cinema history, that touch us personally, will soon either be demolished, fall to bits, or be obstructed by ‘progress’… they will no longer be anything but a memory…
I know I’m not the first to realise this… but - for some reason - it really hit me tonight…
Personally, the Leone Westerns are such an integral and beautiful part of my life, that the thought of not being able to visit the locations - and still discover and recognise them - shocks me.
I wonder if Harmonica’s quote (referring to Morton killing off the West), is a direct referral to what is happening to the beloved locations?? I think, immediately, of the ‘Once Upon A Time’ set (Flagstone), at Guadix… Even last year, the local farmer was building up around it… how long will that go on?? Will the remaining Leone set buildings be demolished?? What will then be left for Sergio leone fans?
I also think of ‘Cortijo el Fraile’ (the Good, Bad, Ugly’ monastery)…will that continue to be neglected on ‘protected’ land??
There are other examples… including the Taberna bar from ‘For A Few Dollars More’…falling to bits…
The list goes on…
Forgive me for chattering away…but I feel very strongly about this subject, for it seems to reflect what many film-makers were always trying to tell us - that the West (leone locations and the unique history behind them) would eventually be gone… and it would be left up to the few who were there, and the people who care, to keep the memory alive…
I think we all owe a big thank-you to Sebastian - and everyone who contributes to this site - to say a heartfelt ‘THANKYOU’ for 'keeping the memory alive!!