They Called Him Amen / Così sia (Alfio Caltabiano, 1972)

Amen to that

thanks for the upload and for your help, scherp

There’s a little error in the first part. Zurli’s Man called Amen is not a comedy western.

Corrected

actually, this error probably came when i read review of Zurli´s western on IMDB and there was mentioned something about comedy relief in the film
but, i haven´t seen Zurli´s flick, and this comedy input is probably not very big

[quote=“tomas, post:25, topic:1491”]actually, this error probably came when i read review of Zurli´s western on IMDB and there was mentioned something about comedy relief in the film
but, i haven´t seen Zurli´s flick, and this comedy input is probably not very big[/quote]

Don’t know Zurli’s movie either. I’ll check a few reference books to be sure.

EDIT:

Can’t find the movie in Giusti, but according to what’s said on the Italian SWDB it’s not a comedy :

http://www.spaghettiwestern.altervista.org/tutto_niente.htm

(Seems an interesting movie, and I usually like Ardisson)

1 Like

A man called Amen(aka)O Tutto o Niente, watched it recently, it’s not bad at all, didn’t fall asleep witch is a good thing.The plot, without going into much detail, is kind of mediocre at best, but i like Ardisson on this one, it’s got enough gunplay to keep you interested. IMO, Ardisson is better here than Django sfida Sartana. :slight_smile:

1 Like

database says the italian dvd has english subtitles. I’m pretty sure it’s a mistake since basically none of the italian sw releases comes with english options but can anyone confirm this?

I just watched the sequel They Still call me Amen with italian dub. Terrible and silly film with addition of 4 acrobatic kids to the cast. Film ends in inevitable saloon fight which lasts over 10 minutes.

I only have the english fandub DVDR which uses the Italian DVD, but it does not include any subs

Usually it would include the english subs if they were present

The fandub is such a great print for not a great film. Also have the old U.K vhs which I picked up recently:

[url]Photobucket | The safer way to store your photos

I like that cover art, I used to have finnish tape with same pic.

Yeah, cool VHS

But that’s Terence Hill as Trinity on the cover.

Thought it looked familiar

.Acting was so cool.
its just my taste … but liked it indeed

Anyone seen the sequel?

Think Bill has as I remember.

There is a mistake in the database with respect to the CDI (Italy) release of this film on DVD. There are NO subtitles at all, only Italian audio. Nice picture though.

1 Like

Had the tape for ages but I only just got around to watching this. Well, it had some good scenes but then it just started to drag. It’s not the worst spaghetti western comedy but it’s quite bad. It might just be my mood but I’m in no hurry to rewatch. Can’t believe they managed to make a sequel. Is that one any good?

Same ingredients, with the director and Merenda taking once again center stage and Katia Christine replacing Sydne Rome: don’t expect anything different except maybe for the gang of little boys with acrobatic abilities.