They Call Him Veritas / Lo chiamavano VeritĂ  (Luigi Perelli, 1972)

Database entry:

Was just looking this film up and noticed it did not yet have a forum topic, so here it is :stuck_out_tongue: I haven’t actually watched the film yet, maybe I will do so later today… maybe…

I was going to edit this topic link into the DB page, but don’t seem to have permission or something because I only see “edit” links for the text sections, not for the links on the side.

Found this poster on ebay, photoshopped the image to warp the perspective back to normal:

I’ve done that.

As for the flick, I’ve never seen it and doubt I ever will. Looks like one of those crass, malodourous slapstick comedies of the lowest quality.

To a large extent it is, but the final surprise is good and the ending includes Maria D’Incoronato wet T-shirt, that is no bad thing :wink:

1 Like

Why the image on the right is missing from They Call Him Veritas?

Simple: because it comes from… Pray to God and Dig Your Grave!

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:4, topic:3440”]Why the image on the right is missing from They Call Him Veritas?

Simple: because it comes from… Pray to God and Dig Your Grave!

[/quote]

But not from the released film.

It is in Cipriano’s flashback

[/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/index.php?lang=italian][url]http://postimage.org/[/url]

ahh … ok …

Tough going watching this one to the end.

[quote=“autephex, post:1, topic:3440, full:true”]

Database entry:

Was just looking this film up and noticed it did not yet have a forum topic, so here it is :stuck_out_tongue: I haven’t actually watched the film yet, maybe I will do so later today… maybe…

I was going to edit this topic link into the DB page, but don’t seem to have permission or something because I only see “edit” links for the text sections, not for the links on the side.
Yes, it is extremely painful to watch. If it is not Damon’s last Italian Western then it should be.
quote]

“Oh, the pain, oh, the misery” - a relevant quote from LOST IN SPACE that aptly describes this viewing experience.

One of the worst spaghetti westerns. Films like this led to Damon’s decision to quit acting and move into production/distribution. Not that he was a particularly good actor. I’ve found him to be usually quite hammy.

This film’s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Please contribute to make it more accurate, informative and compelte.

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2023 thread: