They Call Him Cemetery / Gli fumavano le Colt … lo chiamavano Camposanto (Giuliano Carnimeo, 1971)

Ha Ha Ha! No, I meant roles. Orare you just messing with me. :smiley:

Love his role in The Life of Brian :smiley: :smiley:

Yep. Which one? :smiley:

The Jailer. :smiley:

Seeing as though this one made the Alternative Top 20 I thought it merited a review.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/They_Call_Him_Cemetery_Review

I’ve never seen this film. Spotted the sharpshooting Granny on You Tube and thought this was not my cup of tea. But others have been talking positively about it (I think Stanton once said he likes it), and your review makes me wonder if after all …

But I still have a handful of films on my to watch list

The Alternative List looks great now, with the poster-side bar
I’ll see if I can do a review of any of the films not yet done

Not so much, the flat jokes ruin it partly. But if one likes Carnimeo’s Sartana films, he also won’t have much problems to be entertained by Camposanto.

The scenes with Garko and Berger are amazing, but they arn’t in it as much as i’d like. I think the two boys get too much screen time.

Agreed. Carnimeo wanted to balance the duality of his leading men with the two boys and the two servants.

Still well worth owning for Garko, Berger and some of the action scenes. And that score of course…

Good entertaining sw. One of the better scores I’ve heard (except the opening piece). I like the guardian angel angle. The 2 boys can be annoying though. All in all, a good watch.

The boys were a bit annoying but I liked the fact that they actually grew a set, learned to shoot and could throw a fist when needed. :slight_smile:

One of the Top Three films: Garko/Berger!

Best whistling theme ever, great film, Carnimeo knew how to do them right.

the chemistry between the two main characters garko and berger it’s awesome! and never boring
why stanton took the film out of the alternative top 20? :-\

Did I ? I didn’t!

i don’t find it anywhere in the oficial alternative 20, this and two more replaced by
django the bastard
trinity is still my name
mannaja

[quote=“sartana1968, post:56, topic:1348”]i don’t find it anywhere in the oficial alternative 20, this and two more replaced by
django the bastard
trinity is still my name
mannaja[/quote]

Stanton is not, of course the keeper of the Alternative Top 20, but as I’ve not done a complete list, as I remember, who knows, maybe Cemetery will be there. :slight_smile:

I definitively preferred to see They Call Him Cemetery in the Alternative Top 20 than Trinity is still my Name. Let’s keep hope, it might re-appear one day!

Are coming up soon with better English soudtrack than the Franco Cleef Version!!!

[quote=“sartana1968, post:56, topic:1348”]i don’t find it anywhere in the oficial alternative 20, this and two more replaced by
django the bastard
trinity is still my name
mannaja[/quote]

The reason is simple. More people voted for other films and it dropped out. I’d like to see it back in too but it’s a majority rules kind of deal I’m afraid.