The White, the Yellow, and the Black / Il bianco, il giallo, il nero (Sergio Corbucci, 1975)

My version is not from TV, it must be uncut as the picture source comes from a DVD, and there is a complete german audio. In the first scene a woman scolds with her husband (Eli Wallach) and thereby citing many famous SW titles (but not as much as in the italian version). Maybe the only good idea of the film.
Frankly said, I donā€™t need another version of this film.

whereā€™s the logic here? :wink:

and there is a complete german audio.
yes but if EMS has a longer version with scenes that have neve been dubbed then they have a problem...
In the first scene a woman scolds with her husband (Eli Wallach) and thereby citing many famous SW titles (but not as much as in the italian version).
that might be it
Frankly said, I don't need another version of this film.

well thereā€™s no proper german DVD of this so i applaud EMS for trying to put this out despite their - according to rumors - dire financial situation.

Yes thatā€™s sad so we cannot be really sure if this movie will be released from EMS but maybe by another Company. They had some good releases in the past. Iā€™m quite sure that the crying scene was also on the TV Version I watched some years ago. Unfortunately I have never recorded Corbucciā€™s last Western. :slight_smile:

well they said theyā€™re preparing this so Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be released, or by 3L or whatever the company is that took over some of their catalog, iā€™m not so sure

They are also preparing a better version of Trinity is still my Name for a while. :wink:

yeah I think thatā€™s not coming from them anymoreā€¦ I am honestly getting confused by all the information and non-information in the Cinefacts forum etcā€¦

Itā€™s a ā€œStille Postā€ Game. :smiley:

This DVD is supposed to be uncut, as is the german version, but of course you never know.

which dvd is it?

The italian

Just watched a few scenes.
The way Corbucci frames the pictures shows some remainders of the brilliant style of his masterpieces, at least the photography is not as indifferent as in later comedies, as in his 2 Spencer/Hill flics or in Robinson Jr.

But the humour is still often terrible and the timing of the gags ā€¦ well, what gags?

I liked it. Wasnā€™t boring or overone. Milian cannot be understood at all so I sort of idnā€™t give a shit for his character. But the film has a good rythm.

I saw the last twenty minutes or so on tv a few days ago, so itā€™s not like I can give a judgment on the film as a whole - but the moment I saw Gemmaā€™s character, I immediately thought of Zagor[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zagor[/url]ā€¦ XD

Interesting, didnā€™t know the character, Corbucci might have been influenced by it

The young Gemma wouldā€™ve been the ideal actor to impersonate the character, by the way

I have got the Prisvideo edition. According to what was said here before I suppose it is a uncut.
Nevertheless I consider this movie low average. Why pick Milian to do a Japanese character?!

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:34, topic:266ā€]Interesting, didnā€™t know the character, Corbucci might have been influenced by it

The young Gemma wouldā€™ve been the ideal actor to impersonate the character, by the way[/quote]I think it might have been likely, after all Zagor was a popular character back in the day. Today not so muchā€¦ I got to say Iā€™m not big on Italian Western comics. It seems to me that, for some reason (except maybe for ā€œKen Parkerā€), they never picked up on the deconstructionist nature of SWs. I mean, if spags keep getting a cult following among young people even today, Italian Western comics just feel ā€œoldā€.

Iā€™ve just watched this movie for the first time. Oh boy, this was hard to sit through !!!

Almost completely forgettable but still there are worse comedy westerns out thereā€¦

For me, it is one of the worst films of all-time. Not just a bad Spaghetti Western, but purely a bad film.

The Music is good ;D

It has a top notch SW cast so it canā€™t be all bad

Eli Wallach, Tomas Milian, and Giuliano Gemma !!

:wink:

1 Like