The Unholy Four / Ciakmull, l’uomo della vendetta (Enzo Barboni, 1970)

In fact it has a great cast, but I wasn’t disappointed by it. CM offers a lot of good ideas and settings. So I like the beginning in the burning nuthouse and the manhunt in the autumnal forest. The story in the town is interesting too, especially the tragic constellation when Chuck is about to kill his father.

I just watched this one and I liked it a lot.
Its not great, but its way above average.

I like this film very much, but the music is silly!!!

Tom,

1 Like

[quote=“tomobea, post:23, topic:215”]I like this film very much, but the music is silly!!!

Tom,[/quote]

Catchy tune but it sure doesn’t fit the movie, particularly the ending!!!

1 Like

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:6, topic:215”]Having just watched this one, I wonder what the following textis doing on the movie’s datbase page, as itis ridden with incorrect information:

"The Unholy Four was originally titled Ciak Mull, L’Uomo Della Vendetta. It’s one of those spaghetti westerns in which the heroes and heavies are virtually indistinguishable. Though the outlaw leader (played by George Eastman credited by his birth name Luigi Montefiore) is evil incarnate, he isn’t much worse than the four mercenaries hunting him down. Stalwart John Ford-regular Woody Strode is given plenty of screen time, and he makes the most of it. Director Enzo Barboni was billed as “E. B. Clucher” in the American prints. "

Very good movie by the way.[/quote]

Just realised this incorrect synopsis was still in the DB so replaced it with Silver’s one from above.

Like most, I enjoyed this movie although accept it is far from perfect. And that theme music…catchy but completely out of place.

Also picked one of her synopses yesterday, there must be a few other useful ones around

[quote=“Phil H, post:25, topic:215”]Just realised this incorrect synopsis was still in the DB so replaced it with Silver’s one from above.

Like most, I enjoyed this movie although accept it is far from perfect. And that theme music…catchy but completely out of place.[/quote]

Maybe another one straight out of the great Weisser book. It wasn’t written by someone who saw this film.
I’ve added a short comment, and some more for other films.

Just found a rare Portuguese lobby card of this one in a Lisbon store. :o

The database is now updated with Portuguese title.

Nice find!

[quote=“p.pereira, post:28, topic:215”]Just found a rare Portuguese lobby card of this one in a Lisbon store. :o

The database is now updated with Portuguese title.[/quote]

Very nice, amigo!

I like this film well enough, but if it had a completely different musical score it would be even better!
Great cast, some fine visuals, and I like the costuming.
But, even with all that…I find this one just sort of average.

The card looks nice. Could you give us a closer look?

No, sorry. The picture is low quality, was taken with cellphone camera and I didn’t bought it. I preferred to spend the money on a “Fistfull of dollars” Spanish poster. Maybe I’ll buy it next time, I’m not expecting that anyone else do it… it’s well hidden!

The local lobby from “O sinal de Django” (Django il bastardo) was available too. 15€ each one.

[quote=“p.pereira, post:32, topic:215”]No, sorry. The picture is low quality, was taken with cellphone camera and I didn’t bought it. I preferred to spend the money on a “Fistfull of dollars” Spanish poster. Maybe I’ll buy it next time, I’m not expecting that anyone else do it… it’s well hidden!

The local lobby from “O sinal de Django” (Django il bastardo) was available too. 15€ each one.[/quote]

You should have hidden it under your jacket :wink:

Too big to conceal…

Damn…

Saw this one today for the first time and enjoyed it. Better than average fare. It’s been said before in this thread but I’ll repeat because it was on my mind constantly as I viewed the film, but the score for this movie was downright criminal. Did Ortolani even watch this movie? Or was this something he had in the can already and just “appropriated” it to this movie?
Definitely needed an edgier soundtrack. It’s kind of a pet peeve with me but many times it’s easier to build tension or create an edgy atmosphere by using less music. There were a few scenes that I thought would have been much better with no music at all.
Am looking forward to viewing it again though as the music was the only downer for me.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/The_Unholy_Four_(Ciakmull,_l'uomo_della_vendetta)_Review

(Don’t forget to read it, one amnesiac is enough)

Leonard Mann has pretty good look in it, i thought for a moment it´s Brett Halsey ???

Looks interesting…
I always thought it was just a poor remake of “Oggi a me… domani a te!”, but after Scherpschutter’s review I’d like to see this one. It seems to be very good spaghetti which borrows from Cervi’s movie only autumnal landscapes. Story is a bit different and better.
I guess this is an another movie I have to see. ::slight_smile:

Yeah, check it out! I remember it being pretty good.