The Ugly Ones / The Bounty Killer / El precio de un hombre (Eugenio Martín, 1966)

It’s worth it. imo

Me, too. I did a review for it at my site. Always loved that movie. I wonder how it would have been had Tomas Milian played the unhinged priest? :smiley:

Thanks…I will take a look. You have me thinking now re Milian ;).

Did Milian dub himself for the English release?

Hard to tell. The voice souds a bit like Milian, but on the other hand he speaks with almost no accent. Too little accent for Milian I guess.

Are there any clips available on the internet?

Yes

Could I get a link?

saw this yesterday and thought it very slow moving but not uninteresting and Tomas Milian’s character is a lot more interesting than Richard Wyler’s bland bounty hunter.some people have commented on the protracted death scene but i don’t think so it’s a very good scene, people don’t always die quickly from bullets, and the dribbling was a nice touch.some good moments and while not in my opinon a classic it is above average.

I think Wyler is one of those actors, that don’t really fit into a SW. He was quite OK, but I didn’t like him. Milian is far more charismatic and therefore Wyler is not so convincing in his goodie-part.

I’m aware of the fact, that this discrepance is part of the plot, but nevertheless Wyler is too colorless compared to Milian.

Wyler comes across as a little boring for me.

Yes, you could call him boring.

First prize in the most boring boukty hunter in the west competition.

The next western I will be watching stars Wyler…The Rattler Kid.

[quote=“Dillinger, post:50, topic:474”]I think Wyler is one of those actors, that don’t really fit into a SW. He was quite OK, but I didn’t like him. Milian is far more charismatic and therefore Wyler is not so convincing in his goodie-part.

I’m aware of the fact, that this discrepance is part of the plot, but nevertheless Wyler is too colorless compared to Milian.[/quote]

I’m repeating me, but instead of Wyler it would have been a perfect role for Lee van C.

That one is not that popular, but I like Klimovsky films. Not seen it myself.

Did not like it much last time I viewed, but just got a new widescreen copy so thought would give it another shot.

Rattler Kid or The Bounty Killer?

Rattler Kid.

Just recently watched BOUNTY KILLER, and i agree with the general concensus that Wyler was a bit bland. Still, this was a solid SW with a fun story. My biggest complaint would be that Milians character wasn’t as formidable in the final scene as he had been throughout the movie. It seemed to be a bit too easy for Wyler and the townsfolk to take him out.

Fun Factor - 6/10

Films like?