The Taste of Violence / Le Goût de la violence (Robert Hossein, 1961)

Thanks Sherp, fine with me about the database, I do must say that the film really inspired me.

Have someone seen an uncut (French ?) Version ? ???
I would be interested, what is cut in the German TV Brodcast !

Yep.

Without any doubt, but to my way of thinking Le Goût de la Violence, Der Schuh des Manitu, El secreto del Capitan O’Hara and Gringo getta il fucile/El aventurero de Guaynas deserve their place in the equally interesting Eurowestern & Hybrids section. :wink:

Topo I do not assume you watched the German version, so I’m very interested in the runtime of your version. The French one maybe?

Yes Stanton the French version, not sure about the total runtime around 80 and something minutes, but I will tell for sure you in a few minutes.

The French version I viewed ran to around 81 mins and 33 seconds.

We have a section for this on the forum, but in the database?

I assumed he was referring to the forum.

Then it is most likely the same version (unless both contain different scenes which is possible but unlikely).

Then I must assume that my German version is uncut, and we will never see some super extra scenes.

Time to search for some other Hossein films in whatever versions.

Yes, I was referring to the forum.

According to a French user of westernmaniac Forum this 81min version should be uncut.

Yes see what you mean. Just looking at two of these titles in the database…Der Schuh des Manitu, El secreto del Capitan O’Hara …these are noted as eurowesterns. But the forum topics are in the Spaghetti western section.

Got the same version as Ennio, with 81:33 minutes of runtime

I don’t mind, but if someone wants to change it … be my guest

We could also create a special page for Euro westerns and Hybrids in the Database
The Winnetous, the American westerns shot in Spain, the Paella, Sauerkraut and thedevilknowswhat westerns are all on one ‘reviews Page’ now

But someone else will have to do that, I’m only a writer, not a creative person :wink:

nice review, Topo, i even didn´t know about this movie :slight_smile:
but certainly it is on a watchlist now

You will enjoy it tomas

:wink: i´ll make a session with all those spaghies with “taste” in a title ;D

Yes taste the taste

[quote=“El Topo, post:19, topic:1653”]I must start by saying that Le Goût de la Violence is wonderful gem of a little film. Those who know me would probably guess I would love this film, I know its a selfish feeling but it seems Hossein made the film for my personal taste…

Why this small wonder doesn’t have a propper release with so many shit beeing edited, is just something I can’t understand. I know we are living in a major crisis in this small part of the world, ruled by some non elected unknown authority that represents God knows what, but still I can assure at least 5 sales of a DVD from this one ( me Pereira and Emanuel, and another two friends I know would buy it), its a poor commercial objective I know, but its a start

5 stars[/quote]

Great review El Topo. I too really love this film.

Where did you get a version in French? All I have is the German TV recording mentioned above, and unfortunately I don’t understand German.

[quote=“Novecento, post:39, topic:1653”]Great review El Topo. I too really love this film.

Where did you get a version in French? All I have is the German TV recording mentioned above, and unfortunately I don’t understand German.[/quote]

Actually I got it from Pereira, my usual SW supplier ;), if I’m not mistaken he must have got it from CG, its a VHS rip or a vhs tape recorded form TV