The Tall Women / Frauen, die durch die Hölle gehen (Rudolf Zehetgruber, 1966)

Just watched a fan dub of this using a Spanish print taken from TV. Nice picture quality despite being full screen. I suspect from the look of it it was shot open matte anyway. Nice to finally see it but it is a poor film in general. Has the look, feel and sound of a TV movie most of the time if you know what I mean. Poor dialogue and jumpy editing doesn’t help it either. The 7 female protagonists is a nice idea but sadly wasted here.

Database page: Frauen, die durch die Hölle gehen - The Spaghetti Western Database

Nothing special for me either.

It seems that all versions are fullscreen. Also the new German DVD.

The data base says Techniscope (and Eastmancolor), but I think that is not correct. Phil, could you check the credits if they contain any information about widescreen or color format?

Viewed a while back, but the fandub is the next western I have to watch. No mention on the credits of Techniscope or Eastmancolor.

Thanks

[quote author=scherpschutter link=topic=3445.msg135433#msg135433 date=1324671770

Maybe I’ll watch a Sylvia Kristel vehicle instead …
[/quote]

What does she drive ;D

The Band Wagon (we all wanted to jump on her when she was young)

Maybe incorrectly, the Italian posters say the film was shot in Totalscope. Spanish and American posters indicate only Eastmancolor as color format.

But if it is Totalscope, that means 2,35:1, I wonder why all fulscreen versions look like open matte. Puzzzling …

Checked and, as Ennioo says, no mention of Techniscope on the credits.

Average one, but the premise of mainly women in the lead roles kept me watching. Film is about 20 mins overlong, and yet another early one that features Indians.

[size=12pt]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/The_Tall_Women_Review[/size]

Any copies available in English?

I’m probably in the minority but I really like this one. I’ve only got a VHS rip, so it would be nice to see the film in DVD quality. Hopefully it gets a nice release with English audio someday.

Page updated, contributions welcome.