The Tall Women / Frauen, die durch die Hölle gehen (Rudolf Zehetgruber, 1966)

(Phil H) #1

Just watched a fan dub of this using a Spanish print taken from TV. Nice picture quality despite being full screen. I suspect from the look of it it was shot open matte anyway. Nice to finally see it but it is a poor film in general. Has the look, feel and sound of a TV movie most of the time if you know what I mean. Poor dialogue and jumpy editing doesn’t help it either. The 7 female protagonists is a nice idea but sadly wasted here.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Frauen,_die_durch_die_Hölle_gehen

(Stanton) #2

Nothing special for me either.

It seems that all versions are fullscreen. Also the new German DVD.

The data base says Techniscope (and Eastmancolor), but I think that is not correct. Phil, could you check the credits if they contain any information about widescreen or color format?

(ENNIOO) #3

Viewed a while back, but the fandub is the next western I have to watch. No mention on the credits of Techniscope or Eastmancolor.

(Stanton) #4

Thanks

(El Topo) #5

[quote author=scherpschutter link=topic=3445.msg135433#msg135433 date=1324671770

Maybe I’ll watch a Sylvia Kristel vehicle instead …
[/quote]

What does she drive ;D

(scherpschutter) #6

The Band Wagon (we all wanted to jump on her when she was young)

(JonathanCorbett) #7

Maybe incorrectly, the Italian posters say the film was shot in Totalscope. Spanish and American posters indicate only Eastmancolor as color format.

(Stanton) #8

But if it is Totalscope, that means 2,35:1, I wonder why all fulscreen versions look like open matte. Puzzzling …

(Phil H) #9

Checked and, as Ennioo says, no mention of Techniscope on the credits.

(ENNIOO) #10

Average one, but the premise of mainly women in the lead roles kept me watching. Film is about 20 mins overlong, and yet another early one that features Indians.

(scherpschutter) #11

[size=12pt]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/The_Tall_Women_Review[/size]

(The Man With a Name) #12

Any copies available in English?