The Spaghetti Westerns of Sergio Garrone

I have heard much praise for Mr.Garrone and I priase his great atmosphere in Stranger’s Gundown. What are his other films like? Do you like them?

I only like No Room to Die, stunning looking dvd transfer from raro… i’ve seen Strangers Gundown as well.

Ive yet to see any of his films but Django The Bastard is one the way and Ill be checking it out in the next few days.

Im really excited about it. To me it sounds like my perfect ideal of a Spag. A simple down and dirty revenge flick with a mysterious gothic avenger.

That’s exactly what it is.

I love Strangers gundown and No room to die. Both efforts are flawed but effective and stylish. You can see my reviews for both these films at fistfulofpasta.com. (shameless plug lol)

Outside of these two I’m not really into his other westerns, Django Kill was too bizarre for me, Killer Kid (writing credits) was ok but nothing special, Django the last killer (producer) could’ve been alot better than it was, but its nice to See George Eastman in a lead role playing a badass mexican protagonist.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:5, topic:1321”]I love Strangers gundown and No room to die. Both efforts are flawed but effective and stylish. You can see my reviews for both these films at fistfulofpasta.com. (shameless plug lol)

Outside of these two I’m not really into his other westerns, Django Kill was too bizarre for me, Killer Kid (writing credits) was ok but nothing special, Django the last killer (producer) could’ve been alot better than it was, but its nice to See George Eastman in a lead role playing a badass mexican protagonist.[/quote]Django Kill. Did he write it or are you mistaken?

Yes my mistake I got mixed up with “If you want to Live…Shoot!” starring Ivan Rassimov which is actually quite good!

I recently watched no room to die and thought it was great fun. A little slim on plot but great fun and kept my interest.

Sergio Garrone’s Django The Bastard, aka The Strangers Gundown, is one of my favourite Spaghettis. I only saw it a couple of months ago. Its awesome. It feels like a horror movie. Actually I guess it is a horror movie. I like my Spaghetti’s dark. It was interesting to see Garrone’s naziploitation SS Experiment Love Camp, which he seems to be mostly known for (which is a shame because although I enjoyed SS Experiment Love Camp its complete trash unlike Django The Bastard which is a genuinely good movie). Im lookin forward to checkin out his other Spaghetti’s

I also like DJango the Bastart best. Steffen is great. Ok, he’s just as always, but here his woody stiffness matches perfectly.
Luciano Rossi’s impersonation of Kinski is asskickin. To see how he randomly shoots people is big entertainment!