The Non Spaghetti Western Blu Ray Thread

Try the zoom or aspect ratio button on either your player or tv.

This player is currently on my amazon wishlist. It plays all regions of both DVD and Blu Ray.

Looks like a decent model, thanks Col

Thanks, guys. Will give it a shot. The ar function on the tv won’t go to 4:3, when using the player. But perhaps it can be modified throughout the player.

Finally got this Basket Case trilogy in the mail. Really nice steelbook release featuring new HD transfers for all three films, and some cool extras.
Expensive release in the US but I bought from UK seller for about 13 GBP. Not sure what prices are like in the rest of the world, but even shipped from UK its a great price for 3 rare films on 3 individual blu rays.

As far as cheap releases that may be worth getting, if you like The Prophecy movies then the Echo Bridge set has all 5 films for $9:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091G7BQ0

Its a super budget release, 4 films on one blu ray and then part 2 is on its own.

From what I understand, they’re all the same transfers that were released on other discs, just packaged together. None of the films have been given very high quality treatment but they are supposed to be an improvement over past DVDs.

Not sure what the liklihood is of seeing any better releases any time soon for the bulk of these films.

The collection consists of two Blu-Ray discs, no Subtitles on any of the five films.

The first disc is a Dual Layer Disc containing the same four movies as the previously available 4 film Blu-ray collection. The Audio on all 4 films is 5.1 DTVS-HD Master Audio 5.1 English

Prophecy (1080p) - 1:37:45 11.648GB MPEG-4 AVC
Prophecy 3: The Ascent (1080i) - 1:23:53 11.361GB MPEG-4 AVC
Prophecy: Uprising (1080p) - 1:27:49 10.293GB MPEG-4 AVC
Prophecy:Forsaken (1080p) - 1:14:48 9.045GB MPEG-4 AVC

Disc two is a single layer 16.4 GB disc conataining only Prophecy II.
Prophecy II (1080p) - 1:23:10 15.985GB MPEG4-AVC DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 English

Just found this site which has a lot of region free players for sale. All the specs on exactly what the players can do are clearly listed, so even if not buying here seems like a decent place to check on player models and then price around the internet:

Also looks like they offer hardware modifications to some players to add permanent region free capabilities. I guess the firmware(software) updates on a lot of players will remove region free capabilities, because the manufacturing companies don’t want you to be able to do that.

edit actually I am not clear on if all the players are hardware modified by this company or only some are. If they all are, then I guess you wouldn’t be able to buy elsewhere. Either way, some decent prices comparatively.

Cheapest models I’ve found for region free playback (after remote hack) are Seiki BD660 & SR212S which have been priced around $30-60, but seem really hard to get a hold of now.

BluRay release calendar

https://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/BluRay_Release_Calendar