The Movies4Men channel

This channel http://www.movies4men.co.uk/ often broadcasts spaghetti westerns live on the internet.

Today they broadcast.

“The forgotten pistolero” at 18:30 CET, and “I want him dead” at 22:10 CET.

that’s cool

too bad about the name… i can’t get into things labelled “for men”

i was grocery shopping with my girlfriend the other day and she was picking up some lotion- next to it, in a black bottle instead of a white one, there was “Lotion For Men” - and i thought to myself, “What kind of asshole buys this?”

[quote=“autephex, post:2, topic:1597”]that’s cool

i was grocery shopping with my girlfriend the other day and she was picking up some lotion- next to it, in a black bottle instead of a white one, there was “Lotion For Men” - and i thought to myself, “What kind of asshole buys this?”[/quote]

Strange times we live in amigo…

An asshole weith dry skin?

You know: vendo cara la pelle!

And one thing autephex:

I think I have to quit Bourbon for breakfast, I just saw your avatar moving…

hahah… holy crap, I just did a translation of “vendo cara la pelle” and came up with “I sell beloved the skin” … and I was thinking “Man, that sounds like a spaghetti title”

and then after doing a search, I quickly saw that it was I’ll Sell My Skin Dearly …hilarious, I need to start memorizing the Italian titles

…I think the dude in my avatar is trying to sneak up and get some of that bourbon…

Don’t worry, I don’t know many Italian titles either. But “vendo…” is one I particularly like.

In fact I’m not the big boubon drinker. I just wrote that to suck up to the forum :wink:
No, actually I’m rather the single malt type of guy.

“Lotion For Men” - and i thought to myself, “What kind of asshole buys this?”[/quote]

Same dude that buys an electric body shaver (or manscaper). I doubt Clint used ‘lotion for men’ after he got sun burned in the desert.

movies for men seem to have added some more SW’S to their showings have now noticed they are showing “Machine Gun Killers " and " Kill Them All And Come Back Alone”.

Can I in some way get this channel in Sweden?

It is of course movies for MEN! :wink: Just kidding!

[quote=“autephex, post:6, topic:1597”]hahah… holy crap, I just did a translation of “vendo cara la pelle” and came up with “I sell beloved the skin” … and I was thinking “Man, that sounds like a spaghetti title”

and then after doing a search, I quickly saw that it was I’ll Sell My Skin Dearly …hilarious, I need to start memorizing the Italian titles

…I think the dude in my avatar is trying to sneak up and get some of that bourbon…[/quote]…it’s more like “I sell my skin for a high price” :slight_smile: I don’t know if there’s a similar idiomatic expression in English.

too bad about the name… i can’t get into things labelled “for men”[/quote]

I was almost expecting a “Girls are gross![url]http://www.calvinandhobbes.info/information.html[/url]” sign when I opened their page, lol.

The expression in English is, if I’m not mistaken ‘to sell your life dearly’; in Dutch we use the word ‘huid’ (= skin = pelle), so the Dutch expression is similar to the Italian one (the meaning is the same too).

In case you know something about football (as an Italian you should): I had the idea the Azurri weren’t selling their life dearly against Brazil last night (nor their skin)

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:13, topic:1597”]The expression in English is, if I’m not mistaken ‘to sell your life dearly’; in Dutch we use the word ‘huid’ (= skin = pelle), so the Dutch expression is similar to the Italian one (the meaning is the same too).

In case you know something about football (as an Italian you should): I had the idea the Azurri weren’t selling their life dearly against Brazil last night (nor their skin)[/quote]I’m almost tempted to say I’m happy it ended like this because this team (and Lippi) needed a big slap in the face, because you can’t keep on trying to capitalize on what we accomplished three years ago. I hear echoes of Mexico '86 but I hope I’m mistaken… :-\

I hope you’re not mistaken, but I completely agree

A new start for the Italian national team (and new shirts, those pyjamas are awful, they no Azzurri like this, not even Celesti)

I hope Blondie didn’t end up dying of skin cancer.