The Movies4Men channel

(Dorado) #1

This channel http://www.movies4men.co.uk/ often broadcasts spaghetti westerns live on the internet.

Today they broadcast.

“The forgotten pistolero” at 18:30 CET, and “I want him dead” at 22:10 CET.

(autephex) #2

that’s cool

too bad about the name… i can’t get into things labelled “for men”

i was grocery shopping with my girlfriend the other day and she was picking up some lotion- next to it, in a black bottle instead of a white one, there was “Lotion For Men” - and i thought to myself, “What kind of asshole buys this?”

(Pacificador) #3

[quote=“autephex, post:2, topic:1597”]that’s cool

i was grocery shopping with my girlfriend the other day and she was picking up some lotion- next to it, in a black bottle instead of a white one, there was “Lotion For Men” - and i thought to myself, “What kind of asshole buys this?”[/quote]

Strange times we live in amigo…

(Dillinger) #4

An asshole weith dry skin?

You know: vendo cara la pelle!

(Dillinger) #5

And one thing autephex:

I think I have to quit Bourbon for breakfast, I just saw your avatar moving…

(autephex) #6

hahah… holy crap, I just did a translation of “vendo cara la pelle” and came up with “I sell beloved the skin” … and I was thinking “Man, that sounds like a spaghetti title”

and then after doing a search, I quickly saw that it was I’ll Sell My Skin Dearly …hilarious, I need to start memorizing the Italian titles

…I think the dude in my avatar is trying to sneak up and get some of that bourbon…

(Dillinger) #7

Don’t worry, I don’t know many Italian titles either. But “vendo…” is one I particularly like.

In fact I’m not the big boubon drinker. I just wrote that to suck up to the forum :wink:
No, actually I’m rather the single malt type of guy.

(I...I...Idiot) #8

“Lotion For Men” - and i thought to myself, “What kind of asshole buys this?”[/quote]

Same dude that buys an electric body shaver (or manscaper). I doubt Clint used ‘lotion for men’ after he got sun burned in the desert.

(davidf) #9

movies for men seem to have added some more SW’S to their showings have now noticed they are showing “Machine Gun Killers " and " Kill Them All And Come Back Alone”.

(Silence) #10

Can I in some way get this channel in Sweden?

(I...I...Idiot) #11

It is of course movies for MEN! :wink: Just kidding!

(poggy) #12

[quote=“autephex, post:6, topic:1597”]hahah… holy crap, I just did a translation of “vendo cara la pelle” and came up with “I sell beloved the skin” … and I was thinking “Man, that sounds like a spaghetti title”

and then after doing a search, I quickly saw that it was I’ll Sell My Skin Dearly …hilarious, I need to start memorizing the Italian titles

…I think the dude in my avatar is trying to sneak up and get some of that bourbon…[/quote]…it’s more like “I sell my skin for a high price” :slight_smile: I don’t know if there’s a similar idiomatic expression in English.

too bad about the name… i can’t get into things labelled “for men”[/quote]

I was almost expecting a “Girls are gross!http://www.calvinandhobbes.info/information.html” sign when I opened their page, lol.

(scherpschutter) #13

The expression in English is, if I’m not mistaken ‘to sell your life dearly’; in Dutch we use the word ‘huid’ (= skin = pelle), so the Dutch expression is similar to the Italian one (the meaning is the same too).

In case you know something about football (as an Italian you should): I had the idea the Azurri weren’t selling their life dearly against Brazil last night (nor their skin)

(poggy) #14

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:13, topic:1597”]The expression in English is, if I’m not mistaken ‘to sell your life dearly’; in Dutch we use the word ‘huid’ (= skin = pelle), so the Dutch expression is similar to the Italian one (the meaning is the same too).

In case you know something about football (as an Italian you should): I had the idea the Azurri weren’t selling their life dearly against Brazil last night (nor their skin)[/quote]I’m almost tempted to say I’m happy it ended like this because this team (and Lippi) needed a big slap in the face, because you can’t keep on trying to capitalize on what we accomplished three years ago. I hear echoes of Mexico '86 but I hope I’m mistaken… :-\

(scherpschutter) #15

I hope you’re not mistaken, but I completely agree

A new start for the Italian national team (and new shirts, those pyjamas are awful, they no Azzurri like this, not even Celesti)

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #16

I hope Blondie didn’t end up dying of skin cancer.