The most overdramatic deaths in SWs

One of the most loved details in Spaghs are the overdramatic death scenes. A bad guy is on the roof and gets shot → He will fall down from the roof, do a flip. land on a shed and then he’ll roll until he falls again and lands on the ground.

What are your favorite overdramatic and goofy deaths of the genre?

Right now, mine is Sheriff Corbett’s death from Gunfight at Red Sands. The way he just spins around until eventually falling down is hilarious + his gun fires when he’s rolling on the ground

Another good one is when Fernando Sancho’s character dies in Too Much Gold for One Gringo. It’s the way he grabs the rope before dying and the church bell rings as he stumbles to his death while Trash Benson is calmly watching in the background. Jesus :joy:

I also love the scene from Arizona Colt Returns (hate the movie though, lol) where Arizona was shooting around first and then it’s revealed that he did it to kill the bad guys who were hiding. Then their bodies start to fall from their hiding places one by one, as the camera zooms around going absolutely crazy.

3 Likes

Tomas Milian in The Bounty Killer

2 Likes

One that immediately comes to mind is Eduardo Fajardo at the end of Shango, or him again at the end of A Coffin for the Sheriff.

2 Likes

Claudio Camaso’s character the half maniac and bandit Il Rosso met, probably even for SWs, an unusual death in a alkaline solution (or acidic ? or other deadly chemicals ?) in Garter Colt when he fell in the well by his own mistake.

2 Likes

George Martin in Return of Ringo comes to mind.

And also, when Juan shoots and shoots and shoots General Santera in Giu la Testa. But that’s dramatic in a different way haha.

2 Likes

Sand never tasted so good

1 Like

Klaus Kinski in Per una Bara Piena di Dollari (A Coffin [Barrel] Full of Dollars), you can tell the stuntman does an intentional flip into a circular motion as he falls off the tower roof. He also looks taller than Kinski.

1 Like

Lorenzo Robledo’s death in The Dust in the Sun takes some beating.

If I remember correctly, he gets shot, set on fire then falls in the horse trough. Would love to have seen his death certificate after that one.

Cause of death: Gunshot wound/1st degree burns/Drowning :smile:

1 Like

I think it’s sad that every time Lorenzo is on screen his characters are killed

1 Like

Oh, I don’t know. It’s quite comforting in a way. It’s nice to have something you can rely on :smile:

2 Likes