The Most Nonsensical SW Quote?

You do realize the threads titles is “The Most Nonsensical SW Quote?” right? ;D

[quote=“Goodfella, post:21, topic:1343”]You do realize the threads titles is “The Most Nonsensical SW Quote?” right? ;D[/quote]Yep, here’s the topic for the favorite ones. Let’s keep this for funny stuff.
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,61.0.html

My pick would be the Mannaja’s answer when Steiner asks him who he is? I can’t remember it now but it was something really cheesy. Gotta check it later.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:22, topic:1343”]Yep, here’s the topic for the favorite ones. Let’s keep this for funny stuff.

My pick would be the Mannaja’s answer when Steiner asks him who he is? I can’t remember it now but it was something really cheesy. Gotta check it later.[/quote]

I remember another Mannaja quote where Blade gives Philip Leroy a big lecture/prep talk on the very important subject of “human kindness” hahaha.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:20, topic:1343”]I remember Lordradish pointing out a quote in apocalypse joe:

“I know I haven’t been a good Sheriff lately, But I’m gonna try a lot harder next time.”

Another gem from Beyond the Law:

I never heard nor seen so many bastards in all my life. You all talk like you got kicked in the head with a horse!. (or something like that)[/quote]

This is extremely, vaguely, and remotely related to your quote. I read in Esquire that a donkey was arrested and sent to prison for injuring 2 guys in Mexico. :smiley:

Any chance of parole?

^ :smiley: I’m not so worried about the donkey.

But I am worried about the injured 2 guys who will end up talking like they’ve been kicked in the head by a donkey. :wink:

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:22, topic:1343”]Yep, here’s the topic for the favorite ones. Let’s keep this for funny stuff.

My pick would be the Mannaja’s answer when Steiner asks him who he is? I can’t remember it now but it was something really cheesy. Gotta check it later.[/quote]What he said was "Those that kknow me call me Blade, cause I sorta got a ahbit of lettin this do my talkin for me [produces hatchet from gunbelt] Your right. It is cheesy but cool.

Yeah thats one of my favourite lines, I just think its cool… that sort of stuff isn’t cheesy to me.

[quote=“korano, post:27, topic:1343”]What he said was "Those that kknow me call me Blade, cause I sorta got a ahbit of lettin this do my talkin for me [produces hatchet from gunbelt] Your right. It is cheesy but cool.[/quote]Ah, I didn’t mean this one… that’s pretty cool.
I meant his babbling about something like I’m the wind blowing on the forest or something like that…

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:29, topic:1343”]Ah, I didn’t mean this one… that’s pretty cool.
I meant his babbling about something like I’m the wind blowing on the forest or something like that…[/quote]checked this now, the exact words were: My name is in the wind, blowing over my fathers grave. Such a cheesy line, and what does it actually mean? :smiley:

Which version do you have? Don’t recolect gearing that line.

I have the blue-underground version, I couldn’t find the exact spot where it was but I picked it from the trailer. Or could it be that this line was used only on the trailer?

I think I remember that line. Philip Leroy asked Blade what his name was, and Blade wanted to remind him of what he did to his father.

He’s there to revenge his father, so, well, sounds good for me

[quote=“Mrs Angel Eyes, post:1, topic:1343”][b]

What is the most nonsensical SW quote that’s often on your mind? Some quotes are not just cheesy and squirm-inducing but also make no sense due to poor translation, bad improvisation, subpar dubbing, whatever the reason may be.

Mine is John Philip Law in Death Rides A Horse - “Hate is hate. There’s no two ways.”

Your reaction can range from utterly uncontrollable laughter to choking if you’re drinking something :smiley: [/b][/quote]LVC tells JPL that he has too much hate. But what JPL means in the quote is I can’t help it if I hate someone. I didn’t choose too hate. They killed my family and I hate them for this. It’s not something you can simply stop. Its just there.

In the English version of Killer Kid, there’s a line where the military captain is telling the peasants “Scum you are, and scum you will always be” when they are being executed

But in the English subtitles from the Koch disc, it is translated as “You are all skinnies!”

maybe the term skinny is something I’m not familiar with… but I find the context hilarious and quite nonsensical.

Thanks, korano, I wonder why I’m the only one who didn’t get it. I can certainly relate to the sentiment… I guess I would have expressed it differently… “I’ve no choice.” or something like that. :wink:

autephex, lol re: skinnies.

In the Koch version of They call him cemetery, William Berger’s the english sub of one of his lines go something like this:

"Why that son of a…hmmm… a Real Brother!

I didn’t quite understand that line until I checked out the Franco Cleef English dub which went like this:

“Why that son of a…hmmm…I wonder if wer’e related?”

The english dub version is much more understandable.

From FAFDM:
“No thanks, this town stinks… just like the food” Probably not the exact quote, but whenever I hear it, sounds so whatever and unfulfilling. You think they could have inserted a cool line there…

As much as I love the film, the English dubbing of Fistful of Dollars was kinda funny in some scenes. It seems like they just kept adding words when people were talking, except for Clint Eastwood of course. Here’s some examples:

Old man: Where are we going? I would like to know where we are going or is it a secret?

Ramon: Listen Baxter! You can have them now if you like! These dead men can’t talk laughs, more guns are fired It seems they didn’t like my joke more laughing