The Man from Canyon City / ¡Viva Carrancho! / L’uomo che viene da Canyon City (Alfonso Balcázar, 1965)

I wouldn’t complaint to a Harte Kerl

I hadn’t anything to do with the DVD (I even haven’t watched it yet), but I’m nevertheless a real “harter Kerl” :wink:

1 Like

Who is Django this time? Fernando Sancho? Or Stanton himself?

Naah, not me. I was Django once, in happier days, but now I’m only a miserable deputy.

Savoy seems to be a company which thinks they can only sell a SW if the title has a Django in it. The film hasn’t one.

“A Fistfull of Djangos” “For a Few Djangos More” “The Good, the Bad, the Ugly and Django” :slight_smile:

Yes, and: Django plays the harmonica

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsyff6_die-todesminen-von-canyon-city-1965-fanmade-trailer_shortfilms

Finally watched this one, I had it for a while. Not quite a snoozefest, but it could have been if it wasn’t for F. Sancho. He is paired with Luis Davila in this film and the two looked liked they were having a good time. Robert Woods as a bad guy is ok and Loredana Nusiak is in a few scenes here and there. So, all n all not bad, I’ve seen worse.

Haven’t been watching so many Spaghettis recently and felt like getting back in the saddle so popped this one in the machine.
As most have already said, it’s far from a classic but entertaining enough and Sancho is good value as always and Woods as a villain is also a plus.
Nice Fragas locations too. An hour and a half well spent for me.

I always liked that movie very much because of its political message that takes side of the peones in the person of Carrancho. In fact I was really impressed by Sancho’s acting, he’s brilliant and steals the scene to the rest of the cast. Sadly that there is no other flick in which Sancho is doing the first lead – I’m pretty sure that he would have done a great job.

Anyone have English audio for this, or know if was ever dubbed in English ?

I have a very nice HD TV capture from Spain, which I’ll dub or sub either way.

Watched it last night, and enjoyed it … though the rough handling of women and children in the movie is quite shocking. I suspect this was more a case of routine brutality rather than the director particularly wanting to make a “statement” - Humiliation and bullying is shown as great entertainment for the bad guys, more so than in any other Euro western I can re-call.

1 Like

This film’s entry in our database has been updated to the new layout. Please inform us of any corrections - or even better submit info, trivia, facts, links, reviews and pictures.