The Last Western You Watched?

“The Virginian” (1946)

Arriving at Medicine Bow, eastern schoolteacher Molly Woods meets two cowboys, irresponsible Steve and the “Virginian,” who gets off on the wrong foot with her. To add to his troubles, the Virginian finds that his old pal Steve is mixed up with black-hatted Trampas and his rustlers…then finds himself at the head of a posse after said rustlers; and Molly hates the violent side of frontier life.

Decent remake of the Owen Wister novel, not quite as good as the Gary Cooper version, but not a bad film at all.

Jonathan of the Bears. I found this a sympathetic movie, but not a very good one. I just had to see it. Nero and Castellari teaming up again in '93. That I liked, and appreciated. Does anybody know why they shot it in Russia? (apart from money laundrey. russia? berlusconi? ::slight_smile: )

Just finished watching No Room To Die tonight…

Not a bad show at all…those creepy blond guys with the blue eyes freak me out though!!! :wink:

I liked Garrone’s performance, want to see more of him.

THE BOUNTY KILLER.

It is the second time I have watched now and for some unknown reason to me I thought I would not like watching this time.

However, I surprised myself and quite enjoyed it.

My personal favourite film from the director of THE BOUNTY KILLER is HORROR EXPRESS with PETER CUSHING (I always remember the whistling theme in the film).

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:871, topic:141”]My personal favourite film from the director of THE BOUNTY KILLER is HORROR EXPRESS with PETER CUSHING (I always remember the whistling theme in the film).[/quote]Yes, this is wonderful film. Great cast of Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Telly Savalas in wonderful scenery-chewing role.

And yes, everytime I watch this film the whistling keeps on going on in my head for days.

Watched Terror in a Texas Town, which was quite enjoyable. The story is pretty standard, about a guy who fights an evil oil baron. Yet its characters are better written than in most westerns. Furthermore it’s the only western I know of where a guy gets harpooned. Anyway, I recommend this one, if you haven’t seen it already. The black and white works great for the picture. It also has a very noirish feel to it.
Also watched Taste for Killing. Routine spaghetti western. An ok way to kill some time, but not memorable in any aspect. In my opinion it lacked the cinematic energy of other examplesof the genre. The main character felt very cardboard like. I mean, he just killed the man who murdered his brother and all he cares about is that his telescope is wasted in the process. ??? The villains didn’t stand out much either. Overall, just an ok movie.

Watched “THE PRICE OF POWER” last night, looks to me that they have put the JFK murder into a western

Wathced “I want him dead” and really really liked it. It is a good and violent western and definately worth the money.

[quote=“Lode, post:875, topic:141”]Wathced “I want him dead” and really really liked it. It is a good and violent western and definately worth the money.[/quote]Everybody seems to rank this quite high. I thought it was rubbish when I saw it some years ago. I have the Frano Cleef disc on my shelf but I haven’t watched it yet. Maybe it’s time to give it a another chance.

I really like this one, but not sure if it would make my Top 20. It would probably be just outside it. Well worth a look.

I saw “I want him dead” recently, nothing special in my opinion.

But I really liked the main musical theme and the credits.

Film itself was boring.

Well, I have just finished watching another CRAIG HILL Spaghetti…TASTE OF KILLING.

First time I have seen and I enjoyed alot about the film, and the ending to the film is great.

I always like listening to NICO FIDENCO scores aswell.

Well this site is openly for download some films, I´ve found Kid Vengeance… I did not try to download, it´s been said that is on public domain ???
Is it possible ? Somebody tried ?
Thanks

Oooops link for it:
http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/nshowmovie.html?movieid=831

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:879, topic:141”]Well, I have just finished watching another CRAIG HILL Spaghetti…TASTE OF KILLING.

First time I have seen and I enjoyed alot about the film, and the ending to the film is great.

I always like listening to NICO FIDENCO scores aswell.[/quote]

It was the Wild East release you watched I presume?

The covers on their DVDs are excellent, really nice!

Btw who are the people behind WE, anybody knows?

Do they do anything else in terms of cinema or just release these spaghetti westerns?

[quote=“Silvanito, post:882, topic:141”]It was the Wild East release you watched I presume?

The covers on their DVDs are excellent, really nice!

Btw who are the people behind WE, anybody knows?

Do they do anything else in terms of cinema or just release these spaghetti westerns?[/quote]

That’s correct it was the WILD EAST version.

The covers are excellent like you say!

Do not know about your other good points you mentioned though.

Castellari: Kill them all and come back alone
-I don’t know if it’s the bad print I watched or my kinda high expectations for this film but I found myself bored from beginning till the end.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:884, topic:141”]Castellari: Kill them all and come back alone
-I don’t know if it’s the bad print I watched or my kinda high expectations for this film but I found myself bored from beginning till the end.[/quote]Apart form Johnny Hamlet and Keoma which i think are both masterpieces, CAstellari’s other westerns are just ok.

Fidani: And now make piece with God!
-Probably best Fidani film I’ve seen so far. Nice music and cast… and a lots of people falling from roofs and rolling down the cliffs when shot dead! Fidani really knows how to make spectacular dying scenes.

Blindman - such a great bad-ass movie, Tony Anthony is really convincing in this one and has got a great set of one-liners and comments. I also love the score.